image.thumb.png.7aebc8b8a95f37747c5b51cd53b61400.png

hoping more will follow the "trend" !!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

On 8/20/2024 at 10:06 PM, Ysc3 said:

image.thumb.png.7aebc8b8a95f37747c5b51cd53b61400.png

hoping more will follow the "trend" !!

It's probabky because it was one of the catering companies at Tik Tok with the food poisoning incidents affecting business..... 

You think bo tai bo ji slash 19.%?

• Haha! 7

Twincharged
On 8/20/2024 at 10:16 PM, Volvobrick said:

It's probabky because it was one of the catering companies at Tik Tok with the food poisoning incidents affecting business..... 

Anyway i only been there once only and the food is not to my liking... So hoping others can also follow this .... Food poisoning or not.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 8/20/2024 at 10:16 PM, Volvobrick said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/food/all-putien-restaurants-to-absorb-gst-waive-service-charge-from-aug-20

This is not a temporary promotion, affirms Putien Group’s founder and chairman Fong Chi Chung, 56, who has been planning this since January. 

This move was meant to be announced earlier, says Mr Fong, but it was delayed in the light of the ByteDance food poisoning case on July 30.

You can call his BS but the food poisoning case does not involve Putien. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 8/20/2024 at 11:00 PM, Ysc3 said:

Anyway i only been there once only and the food is not to my liking... So hoping others can also follow this .... Food poisoning or not.

Thanks for sharing.  This is great. I am a regular at their kitchener outlet even before they got their michelin star, which they lost after 7 years.  More reasons to eat there. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 8/20/2024 at 11:20 PM, Voodooman said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/food/all-putien-restaurants-to-absorb-gst-waive-service-charge-from-aug-20

This is not a temporary promotion, affirms Putien Group’s founder and chairman Fong Chi Chung, 56, who has been planning this since January. 

This move was meant to be announced earlier, says Mr Fong, but it was delayed in the light of the ByteDance food poisoning case on July 30.

You can call his BS but the food poisoning case does not involve Putien. 

Really? I thought 2 companies were implicated, as mentioned in the news article. Both had operations suspended. But apparently no "smoking gun" was found, so to speak, so LL the authority just make all the relevant staff re-attend the required food handling and hygiene courses and once done, they were allowed to resume operations.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 8/20/2024 at 11:28 PM, Sosaria said:

Really? I thought 2 companies were implicated, as mentioned in the news article. Both had operations suspended. But apparently no "smoking gun" was found, so to speak, so LL the authority just make all the relevant staff re-attend the required food handling and hygiene courses and once done, they were allowed to resume operations.

I can only say one was suspended for longer.

Turbocharged
On 8/20/2024 at 11:48 PM, Voodooman said:

I can only say one was suspended for longer.

No reason given in the news but could be waiting till all relevant employees complete the courses as one of the conditions to lift suspension, maybe.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 8/20/2024 at 11:28 PM, Sosaria said:

Maybe all the food contamination come from the truck that send the food there.

Who knows all the 小强 hiding inside.  Even in the car 小强 can appear.  Maybe in the truck the moment food is loaded, door closed. Army of 小强 all appear.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

I like this nett price thing. Some countries restaurants need to advertise net price in their menu which make sense.

When you go shopping, almost ALL prices include GST and is nett price. So why is restaurant different? so we can learn maths?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

5th Gear

I seldom patronize them but any price reduce are welcome(hope  is not shrinkflation LOL)

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 8/21/2024 at 8:28 AM, Wind30 said:

I like this nett price thing. Some countries restaurants need to advertise net price in their menu which make sense.

When you go shopping, almost ALL prices include GST and is nett price. So why is restaurant different? so we can learn maths?

Nett price might means they have already markup the price which included all the other charges?

Hypersonic
On 8/21/2024 at 8:26 AM, Tohto said:

Maybe all the food contamination come from the truck that send the food there.

Who knows all the 小强 hiding inside.  Even in the car 小强 can appear.  Maybe in the truck the moment food is loaded, door closed. Army of 小强 all appear.

True, many times it is the process of delivering the food there that might got the food contaminated. The food is not contaminated when it was cooked in the kitchen. Always the case of how the food is handle, store and deliver after the food is cooked.

Sometimes how some of those deliver guys handling the food during delivering, you see liao also can sweat. There was once when i saw the pau shop at toa payoh central, how the deliver guy unload those tray of pau from the deliver truck, it really makes me not to buy from them anymore. 😅

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Cheap or reasonable and good, just support

Expensive or unreasonable but good, just occasionally support

Expensive but reasonable and good, just support only during important dates or when there's hefty discount 

Expensive, reasonable or not, and yet not good, just spend your money elsewhere 

I often got asked at restaurants..."any food allergies?" ...my reply is always this..."yah, im allergic to lousy food...especially those expensive ones." 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 8/21/2024 at 8:28 AM, Wind30 said:

Wait till buy restaurant /hotel mooncakes from atrium fair... thinking it's like normal retail....

Say put $50, then at counter say need to include GST is $54.50.

Supersonic
On 8/21/2024 at 9:26 AM, kobayashiGT said:

will the portion get 19% smaller? 😅

Maybe price adjusted +10%

Portion lower -10%....

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1