Police report made by LHL of guy posting his son taking phv

Yewheng

i believe PM's children has security officer looking after them like they themselves had when LKY was PM then.

I pity the security officer who is looking after the young man.

↡ Advertisement

Reminder: For goodness sake, please do NOT drag politic into the discussion. :a-noway: :a-noway:

I just watched the video, and clearly the driver is at fault. Regardless of who is LYP's father, a man on the street should not be subjected to such "interrogation".

I do have the same questions as many of you, why he don't have his own personal transport, security arrangement, etc. etc. BUT that are beside the point. The topic here is about unauthorized video recording and potential invasion of personal privacy.

Let stick to the topic. Put aside the fact that the victim is the son of a politician... [angel]

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/police-report-made-after-private-car-driver-took-videos-of-pm-lees-son

She said: "It is of concern that a vulnerable person can be taken advantage of like this. Yipeng happens to be PM’s son, but many other vulnerable persons go about Singapore on their own, and they must be able to do so safely, without being taken advantage of or harassed and without their privacy being breached."

Was LSW privacy not breached and taken advantage of by some leaker ? He got sued for goodness sake..

Was JBJ son vulnerability not stepped upon with that "condolence" letter?

This is not about whose son is more "Vulnerable".. they all have fathers. All are equal.

To deny the other sons their due .. is that not political?

• Praise 1

I wonder why ppl say things that are untrue. Like "forcing him for a reply"? The driver is in his driver seating position and he's back in the passenger seat. Force? How? It's just two simple questions. And then there are ppl who read it and say the same thing w/o much thinking.

The thing is he put himself in that position for whatever reason. Cant really blame the driver for being curious. Maybe he overreacted a little but calling the police? I'm sure famous ppl gets it a lot but do they call the police if they are being asked some questions and had their picture taken? Are ppl overreacting to this incident? Yes, I think so.

That guy is albino... i dont even wanna sit down and talk to you about character specifics of a person in his situation, But im pretty sure is he if ignores that pestering... its still gonna make the news.. that driver is going to milk all the attention he can get out of this. You are probably the type that dont believe that verbal can constitute an abuse. 

LHL is famous.. and as with all famous people who get offended.. be prepared to be sued.. but trust singapore... it will be to the full extent of existing laws....  and anyone who thinks otherwise.. please kindly show me a case where a pappie sued a commoner for valid grounds ... and EXCESSIVE punishment is met out BEYOND existing guildlines. 

• Praise 1

That guy is albino... i dont even wanna sit down and talk to you about character specifics of a person in his situation, But im pretty sure is he if ignores that pestering... its still gonna make the news.. that driver is going to milk all the attention he can get out of this. You are probably the type that dont believe that verbal can constitute an abuse. 

LHL is famous.. and as with all famous people who get offended.. be prepared to be sued.. but trust singapore... it will be to the full extent of existing laws....  and anyone who thinks otherwise.. please kindly show me a case where a pappie sued a commoner for valid grounds ... and EXCESSIVE punishment is met out BEYOND existing guildlines. 

I find the whole debacle unnecessary. If he cant stand the questioning then get out and call up someone he knows to pick hiim up.

Then there's the reaction to the FB post. It's just a post of spotting someone famous and it's not even viral. It's not someone famous doing something unnecessary. Omg it even involved the PMO. If his son said nothing much and there's no reaction to the FB post the whole incident would have just gone away w/o much fuss. Ppl would have doubt the person in question is really him. But no. Look at the mess that's unfolding now. Is it neccessary?

I wonder why ppl say things that are untrue. Like "forcing him for a reply"? The driver is in his driver seating position and he's back in the passenger seat. Force? How? It's just two simple questions. And then there are ppl who read it and say the same thing w/o much thinking.

The thing is he put himself in that position for whatever reason. Cant really blame the driver for being curious. Maybe he overreacted a little but calling the police? I'm sure famous ppl gets it a lot but do they call the police if they are being asked some questions and had their picture taken? Are ppl overreacting to this incident? Yes, I think so.

nothing wrong if he didn't record the video without his consent, and stupid enough to post online for people to see.  If he record the video in public place like in a mall of the son walking and talking or even spitting, i think that is still fine.

phone cam and social media is evil, period   [laugh]  [laugh]

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/police-report-made-after-private-car-driver-took-videos-of-pm-lees-son

She said: "It is of concern that a vulnerable person can be taken advantage of like this. Yipeng happens to be PM’s son, but many other vulnerable persons go about Singapore on their own, and they must be able to do so safely, without being taken advantage of or harassed and without their privacy being breached."

Was LSW privacy not breached and taken advantage of by some leaker ? He got sued for goodness sake..

This is not about whose son is more "Vulnerable".. they all have fathers. All are equal.

人家老爸有钱。。有错吗? Your boss does something wrong.. your janitor does something wrong.. you mean you will criticize both equally? That's Life.. deal with it

nothing wrong if he didn't record the video without his consent, and stupid enough to post online for people to see.  If he record the video in public place like in a mall of the son walking and talking or even spitting, i think that is still fine.

phone cam and social media is evil, period   [laugh]  [laugh]

True, but this occurred in his own car does that make a difference. Eg if video taken in own home.

The law works both ways.

True, but this occurred in his own car does that make a difference. Eg if video taken in own home.

The law works both ways.

it's a PHV, you can take video of someone in your own car, issit because i am chinese?

• Praise 1

it's a PHV, you can take video of someone in your own car, issit because i am chinese?

Thank you I forgot it was a PHV and I kept thinking it was a good Samaritan.

No politics.

I am just curious why NOBODY kpkb when LKY exposed CST GCE 0 Level results to the public? 

If privacy is so sensitive and critical to everybody, why we continue to have massive data breach without concrete measures taken or accountability? 3 massive data breach so far. We still dont know if there are other smaller scale data breach? 

I had to pay money to a company to scan the internet to identify / red flag use of our identity for illegal matters at my own expense for the beach that occured in SG. Who is going to compensate us?

It is an unfortunate incident but because it is LHL's son everything got blown up but if he was Ah Seng, Ahmad or Muthu's son, I am sure some would even make fun of it.

Let the law take care of the issue, be constructive with our comments.

• Praise 1

No politics.

I am just curious why NOBODY kpkb when LKY exposed CST GCE 0 Level results to the public?

If privacy is so sensitive and critical to everybody, why we continue to have massive data breach without concrete measures taken or accountability? 3 massive data breach so far. We still dont know if there are other smaller scale data breach?

I had to pay money to a company to scan the internet to identify / red flag use of our identity for illegal matters at my own expense for the beach that occured in SG. Who is going to compensate us?

It is an unfortunate incident but because it is LHL's son everything got blown up but if he was Ah Seng, Ahmad or Muthu's son, I am sure some would even make fun of it.

Let the law take care of the issue, be constructive with our comments.

人家老爸有钱。。有错吗?

The problem is that severity of punishment depends on what charges are applied to the case. Example, someone gets punched, it can be as simple as 'voluntarily causing hurt' or 'affray' or whatever that can be justified to be applied.

That is what I meant. Don't create unnecessary charges just because of his status. Be reasonable, punish enough liao.

Twincharged

The driver is definitely wrong doing all those stuff. However, I do hope the police don't over react and try to over kill to impress. Do they treat all cases the same?

Just make sure he is punished according to law if it is committed on an ordinary person will do.

Lyp is not an ordinary person as his father commands per in Singapore. His daily routine may become a target for trouble makers ... esp now that it had been broadcasted over the internet.

There is definitely more implications to this.

Nothing wrong with the statement by the secretary, the same standard should be applied to all man on the street. The subject is about personal privacy, instead of LYP.

Not too long ago, so I should say all these while there are many concerned member of public (and MCFers) raising questions on the posting of videos captured (using personal mobile devices, car cam, CCTV, etc.) on social media, gruesome photo/video of accident scene, street fight, personal harassment (physical/verbal), etc. and are all these acceptable, especially if the one in the photo/video is your immediate family member?

The things is most have the NIMBY mentality, including our politician, and thus the big hoo-ha when this incident come to light (and yet everyone is still focusing on LYP being the son of LHL instead of personal privacy!).

As to the case with LSW, condolence letter to son of JBJ, does these have anything to do with this case, directly or otherwise? I know you are frustrated about the unfair treatment to some (and so am I), but let look at apple as an apple. Hope you get my point.

• Praise 4

One important fact that some of you guys conveniently leave out is the fact that this boy/adult has special needs: Aspergers Syndrome. Please leave him alone if you got nothing positive to say. I think he behave extremely well in that video, doesn't matter his family background.

• Praise 9

Supercharged

I am not sure and never encounter such case myself. But wondering if its a nobody who got into such situation, will the police investigate fully? or will they just ask the "victim" to get a lawyer to sue? 

Edited by Xers007

I am not sure and never encounter such case myself. i But wondering if its a nobody who got into such situation, will the police investigate fully? or will they just ask the "victim" to get a lawyer to sue? 

unless you are super hot celebrity, chances is even if someone willing to film you, it won't go that far unless the video contain something spicy    [laugh]  [laugh]

Supercharged

unless you are super hot celebrity, chances is even if someone willing to film you, it won't go that far unless the video contain something spicy    [laugh]  [laugh]

I am asking this question because people are pissed with the different treatment (if there is any for this case, as mentioned i don't know for similar case what is the police SOP). How to ignore the background if the treatment he gets is obviously different from others.

↡ Advertisement