Fatal drink driving accident at Tampines

Stooky

when a person knows he is dying, what are the chances of him knowing that he is in peace.

i can vouch for that sis as there would be souls that are adrift cos of the sudden demise, lack of the acceptance of the event. Surely that site, which I will do try and visit would have those vibes of a drifting soul

Turbocharged

Y not make legal age to drink 25 instead? sheesh...

Then pple will kpkb can carry gun defend nation and vote but cannot drink???

could it be hanyupinyin?

i not concerned about his nationality but i do know the toughest centre to get driver licence is in Ubi!

all my cmi who tried Ubi got their licence either at SSDC Woodlands or BBtok on 1st attempt after transferring over. n their licence is now hanging on their wall to certify that they paid $3k+. that is the most exp decoration considering the time spend on getting it.

bak in our days, there was only 1 centre, UBI! No choice...bah

Looking at the comments by the driver's kakis, seems they still say it's not their friend's fault totally, that the girls ask for the lift.

Soon there will be friends/relative/family saying 'he is a good boy', 'he don't drink & drive', 'he is a safe driver'. Well the actions say otherwise.

yup. Surely, there will be those comments coming here, saying, the fella angel, the tree walked in front of him, suddenly, the steering wheel took over itself, toyota brakes....din send for recall yet....yadda yadda yadda

bottomline, 2 girls, the children of 2 parents are dead! nuff said

RIP!

Turbocharged

Driving school makes life tough but doesnt teach drivers the right skills.

All these while they teach driving at a speed of 40/50km/hr and sometimes let loose at 70km/hr.

After students had passed, they dont realise that from 70km/hr onwards its a different ball game.

Have he ever being taught how to control a vehicle at 90km/hr before?

And having Singapore driving license = international license.

How many countries have a speed limit of below 90km/hr (±5) and how many above 90km/hr?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_by_country

If at home he didnt even learn how to handle a fast moving vehicle, how can he be able to handle one overseas?

And have you teach any fresh drivers before?

I did and most of them can't even filter into the expressway correctly/confidently.

there should be a track day for who just pass their license to experience crazy speed in a control environment.

Bro, can't expect driving school to impart all the real practical skills of driving. If can, all can graduate with FIA super license liao.

He got into an stupid accident that unfortunately got a few people killed. There will always be such drivers, you pray that they wise up and don't drive into a wall.

I know of a Singaporean whom passed his license in Canada.

He was taught to drive into expressway as part of his lessons.

I know of Germany teaches students driving into expressway and keeping the speed up along with other speeding cars.

I heard Finland also have strict lessons which are real practical driving skills.

All First World countries?

We, first world on top of it, most expensive one, dont teach real practical driving skills.

• Praise 1

but they are still schooling.

That's my first thought. WTF are they chioning on a weekend night.

This is generation is different liao, more freedom, its all about me.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

there should be a track day for who just pass their license to experience crazy speed in a control environment.

There is no need of track days, just need to experience actual practical driving skills on the expressways.

Learn how to overtake, undertake, dont road hog, etc.

Turbocharged

There is no need of track days, just need to experience actual practical driving skills on the expressways.

Learn how to overtake, undertake, dont road hog, etc.

the purpose of a track day is to let newbies experience the difference between driving 100 kmph and 200 kmph so that they don't do it on our public road.

• Praise 1

the purpose of a track day is to let newbies experience the difference between driving 100 kmph and 200 kmph so that they don't do it on our public road.

the purpose of a track day is to let newbies, experiences one & big ego ones experience the difference between driving 100 kmph and 200 kmph so that they don't do it on our public road.

I know of a Singaporean whom passed his license in Canada.

He was taught to drive into expressway as part of his lessons.

I know of Germany teaches students driving into expressway and keeping the speed up along with other speeding cars.

I heard Finland also have strict lessons which are real practical driving skills.

All First World countries?

We, first world on top of it, most expensive one, dont teach real practical driving skills.

You have a point. [thumbsup]

I will wait eagerly for the day to see an army of grey Fits with BBDC logo on the AYE at 5pm. [laugh][laugh] Confirm will learn fast.

• Praise 1

bak in our days, there was only 1 centre, UBI! No choice...bah

who say, i took my test in Queenstown, 1984 [:p]

• Praise 1

who say, i took my test in Queenstown, 1984 [:p]

muahahahaa....that is olden and antique...hahahaha

Probably took his test in a Datsun. [laugh]

muahaha..i missed that car, Datsun 120Y! Learnt in that, but moved on to a Mazda Famili to learn and took my test! Good car too!

correcto Datsun 120Y :D

remember bro no power steering that time and all...wa lau....no wonder Soya that time look muscular. His car he learnt in was an Austin, I think...kekekeekek

You have a point. [thumbsup]

I will wait eagerly for the day to see an army of grey Fits with BBDC logo on the AYE at 5pm. [laugh][laugh] Confirm will learn fast.

I got my license thru SAF which we can only drive at below speed limit.

My instructor told me; what i see in you, you will immediately speed right after you pass.

He's right.

Took a 3 tonner to 80km/hr on my first driving trip right after I passed.

I went back to him and say you're right.

He told me to be careful.

Long story short, bought my own car when I was 21years old and 4 months later, I had crashed it.

My lesson learnt is thru $ and since then onwards, I had not met into any accident (of my fault) for the last 12 years.

But this young chap's lesson, took 2 lives away.

If there are places (track) which he could prove himself a better driver.

If that he was taught to drive fast during L-Plate.

Chances are, his ego to impressive opposite sex will be lower.

↡ Advertisement