Rajat Gupta (Former Goldman Sachs) Jailed

Porker

Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. director Rajat Gupta was sentenced to two years in federal prison for leaking corporate secrets about the bank to a hedge fund at the height of the financial crisis.

The prison term imposed by U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff in Manhattan marks a nadir for Mr. Gupta, who became the most prominent figure caught in the push against insider trading by criminal authorities. He was implicated in 2010 in the investigation of former Galleon Group chief Raj Rajaratnam, his friend and business associate.

His tip about Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s impending investment to shore up Goldman during the crisis was "disgusting in its implications" and "a terrible breach of trust," said Judge Rakoff before he handed down the sentence. He added: "Others similarly situated to the defendant must

↡ Advertisement

2 years - holidays - good behaviour = chop chop

after release ... still got a high life and lots of money

Edited by Wt_know

2 years after, he walks out knowing he's tens, if not hundreds, of millions richer.

many others do time, for much much less.

hardly a deterrent, imo.

2 years - holidays - good behaviour = chop chop

after release ... still got a high life and lots of money

This guy got Bill Gates and Kofi Annan begging leniency for him.

the CNB guy should use this excuse

"reputation gone is worse punishment than jail"

to try to escape jail term

:D

Neutral Newbie

There are many types of detectors in the market, so it is really hard to make a decision which one to buy and whee to buy. I searched the internet for a long time and then I bought a gold metal detector, which is really helpful. And when I do metal detecting outside it can really distinguish what kind of the metal that it has detected and give an indication for me. And by using such kind of device I have saved a lot of time and energy. In a word, I love the gold metal detector and have confidence in it.

can pm me model and price

i got inspired by you

↡ Advertisement