Criminal breach of trustCriminal breach of trust

Piyopico

Supercharged

From a business law point of view:

1. If a person is an authorized signatory of a company, and he withdraws company funds to pay for his gambling debt, after which he puts back the money with interest, is that CBT? - Yes, as long as the money is taken out without authorization, even for one day, it's CBT even if the money was put back immediately.

2. If a person who is a business owner, gives himself an interest-free loan from company funds, so that he can pay for his gambling debt, after which the money is slowly returned via instalments, is that CBT? - No. Everything is done in a transparent manner, with the required approval.

For the CHC case, is it CBT? That's for the courts to decide, for the lawyers to slug it out.

The Company Act would dictate what is permissible in relation to a company and it is very well defined. Charities do not fall within this ambit.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Does the act dictate that monies have to be utilized wholly for the benefit of donors?

That does not make sense. Look at Ren Chi and NKF, the donors are never members of the charities and they never benefit in any form.

Many religious organizations have set ups that benefit non members in many ways thru offering of social services, charitable giving etc.

the act does say that.

but i think you have to look at it in the wider perspective.

the act says that you must have an officially declared objective/usage of funds. ren ci and other charitable body does that. i am not sue if CHC does that.

if this is not stated, then it must be used wholly for the benfit of the donor or the organisation.

for chc case, it may have not met the first criteria, so the second criteria/test have to be met. for the other charitable organisations, they are upfront and met the first criteria, the second one need not be considered.

Last time my friend joked to me, that all he has to do to gain entrance to heaven is to repent at the last minute on the hospital death bed. No need to attend church every week with his parents.

Touch Wood but...

What if he walking across the road and suddenly a speeding Ferrari knock him and he DIE Instantly ?

Then he will wish to repent today...

If their members feels that CBT is OK, so let them be lor..... [:|][:|][:|][:|][:|]

Then maybe they wouldn't mind if someone went to their own homes and ransacked it for cash.

Hypersonic

Then maybe they wouldn't mind if someone went to their own homes and ransacked it for cash.

Of course they mind if you do it. But if kong kee does it, they will even say thank you and feel honoured.

or even rape their daughters...... [sweatdrop]

I think this ppls mind is a bit unstable and their mindset is that their leaders always right.... [hur]

Last time my friend joked to me, that all he has to do to gain entrance to heaven is to repent at the last minute on the hospital death bed. No need to attend church every week with his parents.

Obviously this is only true for the sincere repentant.

If you pre-planned to do all manner of evil and only ask for forgiveness at your death bed so that you will be saved, it won't work. You think God so easily duped?? And who's to say you will have time to repent? It only takes a second for a speeding car breaking a red light to kill you.

If their members feels that CBT is OK, so let them be lor..... [:|][:|][:|][:|][:|]

The thing is, it is not about whether members feel it is ok. Obviously if all monies are returned, the members will generally feel its ok since they idolise their pastor so much.

But this is an issue of law. If just because members feel its ok, then money can be moved around for personal benefit then it becomes a slippery slope - how many must feel it is ok to be ok? How much is ok? 1 mil? 10 mil? As one bro earlier pointed out, if a proper loan was documented and then repaid - even if interest free - it would probably not be CBT case. CBT is when money is manipulated without any proper control/authorisation.

Also, the members are being lied to. They thought they were contributing to a building fund and that was the basis of their donation. If say the pastors had openly declared that the donations were in fact meant to further SH's career, would the donations be as much? Hence there is an element of deception.

or even rape their daughters...... [sweatdrop]

I think this ppls mind is a bit unstable and their mindset is that their leaders always right.... [hur]

Maybe its the wrong mind set of who they worship,

Ppl should put thier faith in God and not in Man,

Supercharged

yeah the man is only the messenger of god.

and man can also deliver wrong message

Supercharged

Without a doubt, people need to focus on God and God alone.

When the Poon guy started the ruckus years ago, CHC announced that NO money was used for Ho's career. That is enough proof. Now they can say all they want about crossover project and all, but everybody can see Ho stays in a $28k rental damn big bunglalow. Crossover project need luxury? That can be a person's one year income or a whole family's one year income.

To more common folks like me on the street, CBT or not, not mai tai chi, it is after all, willing donor, willing taker and whoever are the general public to judge. As long as the donor are agreeable to how the church monies to be used to whatsoever way, then to be it is not CBT, agree all? [cool]

Turbocharged

You think COC eat full nothing to do..... they spend farking 2 years digging...... must have found something solid to bring those fella in..... let the court decide..... guilty or not, limpei still need to work and I no gibe $$$ to them... so not my farking problem... just like many others..... kaypo only... [:p][laugh]

But this episode and many before it, left a bitter after taste with regards to "Charitable/Not for Profit Orgasm"... I mean organisation..... [laugh]

It is Pubic $$$.... IT IS NOT OKAY to use pubic $$$ for won use.... period.... [rolleyes] .... if they so great, ask them sell their entire fortune and fund the organisation.... dont use God to make a fortune..... and after that use Him as an excuse for doing the wrong things.....

else... rapist, murderer, gangster all can use.... Oh the mighty God upstair ask me to do it..... His instructions..... wanna sue, sue Him lor.... [:p][laugh]

Then we still have Law for fark.....

Turbocharged

To more common folks like me on the street, CBT or not, not mai tai chi, it is after all, willing donor, willing taker and whoever are the general public to judge. As long as the donor are agreeable to how the church monies to be used to whatsoever way, then to be it is not CBT, agree all? [cool]

The things here is..... there is a LAW governing the Charitable/not for profit organisation..... not willing giver willing taker so simple...... Yes not for us to judge, but definitely the Court to judge if they break any law.....

Else private 4D bookie not wrong what.... I willing to buy from them, they willing to take my bet..... both willing party, nothing wrong right?? [:p][laugh]

Turbocharged

Say I punch someone on the face, can I say the face hit my fist?

That the beauty of it all..... if you can prove it is face hit fist, you walk free.... else backside wash clean clean.... [:p][laugh]

So you need to hire a lawyer that can talk the dead back to life.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement