ChildCare - what are your thoughts

Park88

Supercharged

good advice

does pre-school teachers allow to beat the child if naughty

if they do

how to confirm they did beat the child

hha that i also not sure......i supose by the books they have to record it down but whether they do so is another thing.

↡ Advertisement

You have to balance things like:

Cost

Distance

Education

Convenience to who?

For my girl, at My First Skool.

She is learning things that I really feel comfortable with, therefore also a break for the parents too. I have a infant at home also, so we have to put the toddler in no matter what.

Of course, lets not comparing those high end school blah blah blah

My daughter was staying with my parents in Bedok and I went around to all the childcare centres around the area to take a look and observe the enviornment, the teachers etc. A little kiasu but i think that it is worth the efforts.

I could recall that in one of the childcare centre, there was this "FT" and she was just sitting there minding her own business and the children were running around.

IMO, childcare is important as they will learn the many basics in life starting there. For example, having the discipline to sit on the table and finish the food before playing, washing hands etc.

good advice

if they do

Recently, i step into a CC and saw a teacher slapping the arm of a girl during feeding time. This is right infront of us.

Turbocharged

did you observe the whole day?? cause there is a schedule for free time to the children. could you had been there during their free time for children?

My daughter was staying with my parents in Bedok and I went around to all the childcare centres around the area to take a look and observe the enviornment, the teachers etc. A little kiasu but i think that it is worth the efforts.

I could recall that in one of the childcare centre, there was this "FT" and she was just sitting there minding her own business and the children were running around.

IMO, childcare is important as they will learn the many basics in life starting there. For example, having the discipline to sit on the table and finish the food before playing, washing hands etc.

Supercharged

You have to balance things like:

Cost

Distance

Education

Convenience to who?

For my girl, at My First Skool.

She is learning things that I really feel comfortable with, therefore also a break for the parents too. I have a infant at home also, so we have to put the toddler in no matter what.

Of course, lets not comparing those high end school blah blah blah

hey ask you, most of these centres have all the same brand name like MyFirstSkool, CherieHearts etc. as I will be moving my house soon, I am wondering say would they allow the seamless transfer from say Myfirstskool in one area to one in another area?

Why do you keep bumping that post if there are no further details to add? Why not just post a link?

As much as I think you made a valid point, you seem to go very far in getting everyone to only look at things which you want.

Your point has been made and supported, don't need to overdo it.

You know what, you are totally right. I should have posted a link...I didnt think of that :) My bad [:)]

good advice

if they do

Whoa, question so difficult one ah. Strap a car cam(aka car black box) to your child's forehead? :D

Seriously, childcare in the first place is never satisfactory. It's a matter of how much you want to compromise. You can hire a nanny do 1 to 1, again it's a matter of price. Or either you or your wife quit your job to take care of your child, confirm + chop satisfactory, again another compromise. If you choose childcare dan you got to be prepared.

So ask yourself, how much you wanna compromise and weigh your options.

(edited)

hey ask you, most of these centres have all the same brand name like MyFirstSkool, CherieHearts etc. as I will be moving my house soon, I am wondering say would they allow the seamless transfer from say Myfirstskool in one area to one in another area?

Yes provided have vacancy, for MyFirst Skool. Dont know about Cherie Hearts policy.

Edited by Sgnick

Neutral Newbie

Becareful which one you choose. Cherie Hearts recently kanna sue and may now be in receivership.

My son is in Cherie heart and I did receive a letter from them explaining what is happening in their head company or something in Australia does not affect Singapore (Doesn't really matter to me). Anyway, child care is paid in a monthly basis unlike those facial company that charges you one whole package, so even if Cherie Heart goes bankrupt, I will just lose the deposit and the monthly fees. Consider myself sway and move on.

For me, I think convenience is the most important, follow by cleanliness of the place, whether your kid looks forwards to child care every weekday and the ratio of Singaporean vs China child care teachers.

nothing beats going down to the place n check it out urself....n then, after enrolling, u have 2 weeks of trial period (some places even give 3 or 4 wks but mostly 2 wks, i think)

nothing beats going down to the place n check it out urself....n then, after enrolling, u have 2 weeks of trial period (some places even give 3 or 4 wks but mostly 2 wks, i think)

logical thanks

Convenience - Means either near your/caregiver house or workplace such that the person picking the kid up would not be late & be trouble esp during raining session.

Quality - Need not necessary be those "branded" one... teachers who're caring & with qualified qualification will do.

Environment - Prefer non aircon so air circulation better; not so easy to caught other kids' germs as HFMD quite often. Cleanliness could be something to look out for.

Price - Within your means

Go checkout & observe before deciding.

Twincharged

anyone put their kid in Carpe Diem ? comments ?

this is the nearest to where I am staying ... just a few blks away ...

went down and saw the place ... only thing i wished they had was aircon ... but they only reserve portable aircon for hazy days ... normal days just open windows. my boy feels very uneasy when he is warm.

Both my kids childcare also no aircon. They also cannot tahan warm and they like to run around non-stop. Stop being a helicopter parent and turn them into strawberries.