Taiwan: Hotels in Taipei

Getzoooom

The first picture is one of the famous eatery in the area. You MUST try their pork ribs.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Restaurant_Review-g13811269-d6138386-Reviews-Emperor_Foods-Da_an_Taipei.html

The next two pictures are little further down from 君悅排骨. But it's also one of the famous one and better still, If I didn't remember wrongly, 江家牛肉麵 is open til 3am! Sure a good place to go for midnight cravings. Make sure you try their handmade pau too!

https://zh.airbnb.com/content/stories/3453

https://aniseblog.tw/834

post-3198-0-86044500-1524676870_thumb.jpg

post-3198-0-58838600-1524676881_thumb.jpg

post-3198-0-12947800-1524676894_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Ahem. . Hello guys.

Any idea if I am allowed to check-in 3 X 500ml bottles of Manuka honey on flight back?

Thanks.[wave]

Flight back is no issue. Although the security check on departure is strict but when they see it's their local produce they will let you pass. You bought so much? I previously only bought one tub back. :D

Ahem. . Hello guys.

Any idea if I am allowed to check-in 3 X 500ml bottles of Manuka honey on flight back?

Thanks.[wave]

that is not a lot.

Decided to forgo the honey and give the 3 bottles to our Taiwanese driver.

Last year got hauled up for having a power bank in check-in baggage.

I remembered I checked-in power bank at changi airport but was told I had to hand carry it in Taiwan taking flight out.

Better avoid trouble.

Ahem. . Hello guys.

Thanks.[wave]

checked in is no issued. Cannot hand carry due to the restriction of liquid hand carry of 100ml.

My honey was thrown away by the security at HKG airport. I totally forgot about it.

• Praise 2

This is quite standard for most international airports. There are other things that Changi Airport allows but not other airports; windproof lighter. In Taiwan, I know it is prohibited to bring windproof lighter onboard.

Decided to forgo the honey and give the 3 bottles to our Taiwanese driver.

I remembered I checked-in power bank at changi airport but was told I had to hand carry it in Taiwan taking flight out.

Better avoid trouble.

Power bank cannot be checked in as it could cause fire thus cannot leave it unattended. So must hand carry.
  • Praise 4

you could have definitely brought the honey. Just need to check in.

I once checked in at Christchurch, then thought honey can hand carry in since all sealed etc.

At customs rejected. 
I had to buy a special bag just to check in the few bottles of honey.

I use this too. So convenient compared to getting Changi Recommends portable WIFI. I am not restricted by countries when I have traveling to 2 or more countries within the month.

And normally before the data travel expire i go jb hehe

i would suggest you head to the min su's instead of the hotels for a more authentic taiwanese experience. depending on where youre travelling there are many min su's around! especially the ones in jiufen that overlooks the bay! lovely view!  [;)]

Stayed in an airbnb apartment near an exit from zhongxiao fuxing station, very convenience and many many shopping and makan around that area.

post-1109-0-78686600-1526256974_thumb.jpg

The apartment is kind of inside a commercial building, they have security guard at the entrance gate (Who the contact person is kind enough to ask him to accept the courier item I ordered online), and you need a token to operate the lift. The unit located on a floor next to a hair growing treatment clinic (which I needed badly [laugh] but only during office hour). Then another security passcode needed at the gate, there are 4 units in there with a common resting area.

The room is spacious than the budget hotel. No room service or house keeping, but can request to replace towel if you stay for longer period. Although the airbnb is inside a commercial building, you dun feel the inconvenient and worries like other airbnb in residential building. The contact person will WhatsApp you her contact once booking was confirmed to keep in touch while you are in taipei.

post-1109-0-10587400-1526257028_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Bought the 10-days 4G plan at the airport for only SGD 25 (2.50/day).

Can receive free call locally, surf internet no data limit.

My Taiwanese driver screwed up hotel lodging the first 2 days.

He mis-comm with the hotel reservation people and had thought 1 room only got a double bed and booked 2 rooms for the 3 of us. How thoughful I had thought but after paying at the hotel reception counter SGD500 for 2 rooms 2 nights went up to our rooms and found out they already added in a single bed to both rooms! Went back to reception to negotiate return of one room but cannot.  [grin]  

In the end forfeit that room as I dare not sleep alone  [:p]

Bought the 10-days 4G plan at the airport for only SGD 25 (2.50/day).

Can receive free call locally, surf internet no data limit.

My Taiwanese driver screwed up hotel lodging the first 2 days.

He mis-comm with the hotel reservation people and had thought 1 room only got a double bed and booked 2 rooms for the 3 of us. How thoughful I had thought but after paying at the hotel reception counter SGD500 for 2 rooms 2 nights went up to our rooms and found out they already added in a single bed to both rooms! Went back to reception to negotiate return of one room but cannot.  [grin]  

In the end forfeit that room as I dare not sleep alone  [:p]

you are there now? the weather is as hot as singapore  <_<

you are there now? the weather is as hot as singapore  <_<

came back liao loh and the first week back perspiring like mad . . . . damn humid here.  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement