ST: 1 in 6 are millionaires

RadX

Here in MCF, 4/5 are....

1 in 6 Singapore households are millionaires

inShare</span> newspost.gifPurchase this article for republication photobank.gifBuy SPH photos millionaires-alph.jpgGeneric photograph of the Hougang housing estate. Singapore leads the world in terms of the proportion of households classed as millionaires after the ranks of the wealth swelled again last year. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERNBy Melissa TanSingapore leads the world in terms of the proportion of households classed as millionaires after the ranks of the wealth swelled again last year.

A new study found that households with investable assets of US$1 million (S$1.24 million) or more jumped 14 per cent more to 188,000 last year.

That means 17.1 per cent of households - more than one in six - are millionaires.

The findings come from management consultancy Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in its Global Wealth Report 2012.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Here in MCF, 4/5 are.... 1 in 6 Singapore households are millionaires

65Share 0

inShare</span> Purchase this article for republication Buy SPH photos http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/i...aires-alphe.jpgGeneric photograph of the Hougang housing estate. Singapore leads the world in terms of the proportion of households classed as millionaires after the ranks of the wealth swelled again last year. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERNBy Melissa TanSingapore leads the world in terms of the proportion of households classed as millionaires after the ranks of the wealth swelled again last year.

A new study found that households with investable assets of US$1 million (S$1.24 million) or more jumped 14 per cent more to 188,000 last year.

That means 17.1 per cent of households - more than one in six - are millionaires.

The findings come from management consultancy Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in its Global Wealth Report 2012.

KNN.............base on value of the place we go back and sleep at night..........the value of the four wheels............the CPF that can never withdraw........and some savings..................i think 1 in 5 are millionaires lah.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

KNN.............base on value of the place we go back and sleep at night..........the value of the four wheels............the CPF that can never withdraw........and some savings..................i think 1 in 5 are millionaires lah.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Well the report by Radxy says "investible assets" so property and cars should not be counted.

i am sure that this report isnt wrong except that Singapore households is not equal to Singaporean households

Edited by Throttle2

Here in MCF, 4/5 are....

inShare</span> Purchase this article for republication Buy SPH photos http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/i...aires-alphe.jpgGeneric photograph of the Hougang housing estate. Singapore leads the world in terms of the proportion of households classed as millionaires after the ranks of the wealth swelled again last year. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERNBy Melissa TanSingapore leads the world in terms of the proportion of households classed as millionaires after the ranks of the wealth swelled again last year.

liddat if they cite median wages also boh salah liao. <_< <_<

Turbocharged

Well the report by Radxy says "investible assets" so property and cars should not be counted.

i am sure that this report isnt wrong except that Singapore households is not equal to Singaporean households

Why property not investible asset?

Hypersonic

Normally property is one that you stay in or under loan so not consider investible asset.

Normally only free cash flow is counted as I vestible. Our 1 st home not counted. 2nd home yes, counted. So you are half right, not wrong.

"Investible Assets" does NOT include the house that you live in, nor the car(s) that you own!

And US$1M = SGD1.25M or thereabouts hor.

(edited)

So 1:6, approx 20% of households vote for PAP liao, by default.

This will be the base load. Others will be the cake layers on top!

Wah, to have $1.25M in liquid assets, spare cash & savings ... these people are really rich hor.

That's why COE prices so high now.

We where got fight to compete!

Edited by Timbuktu

Here in MCF, 4/5 are....

Yes......i strongly believe in this......

I'm one.................

of the 6 persons..........The damn poor one....... [:(] [:(] [:(]

(edited)

It's households, not individual person.

So recent property price increase cause many people cannot afford own home, all cramp into one miserable HDB owned by parents, married liao still cannot move out.

Old Father+mother = not much CPF (cos bought HDB) but have cash savings

Eldest son+wife+kids = Sold off own HDB at recent high price and go back parents house squeeze, full CPF+cash many many

2nd Son+wife = Full CPF (cos never buy house) + cash

Daughter+husband = Full CPF (cos never buy house) + cash

One household, all add together = USD1M easily lor

Edited by Wson

conclusion from the thread and the replies here :

If you come to mycarforum.com so much, you probably wont be that 1 of the 6.

Me included. boo hoooooooooooooooo ~~~~

Turbocharged
(edited)

"Investible Assets" does NOT include the house that you live in, nor the car(s) that you own!

And US$1M = SGD1.25M or thereabouts hor.

Yah, only house I live in I guess. Second property onwards can like Latio2005A said.

Edited by Celicar

I mean primary residence no counted....so if you have investment property, yes th enet equity can be considered

↡ Advertisement