[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

Forester XT is a better choice compare to Honda, Toyota n Nissan.

SUV need at least 2.0 and above, anything below this will be way under power.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Forester XT is a better choice compare to Honda, Toyota n Nissan.

SUV need at least 2.0 and above, anything below this will be way under power.

Haha.. Toyota for Prado

Finally I had a chance to travel in the vezel as a replacement car after my company mpv had an accident.

Vezel

1. The back seat is way to upright n feel uncomfortable --> have a sit in Nissan QQ, Sub. XV if got chance

2. The car feel very hollow --> mostly B&B Jap car like that

3. My driver commented that is too under power --> don't compare with big CC car that u used to

4. A bit too much roll when cornering --> yes but I compare with my ex-sedan

5. Cheap materials used --> mostly B&B Jap car like that

6. Noise level is acceptable at this class --> infact a bit noisy

Vezel is not perfect but best value for $ in his class

• Praise 1

So you choose vezel over forester?

Met a friend a few weeks ago and he was driving a 1 week old Forester.

I ask him how much was the insurance and he told me about $1.4K after 50% NCD.

I just renew my 1 year old Vezel's insurance & road tax (6mths), altogether just under $1K (also 50% NCD).

• Praise 1

I just renew my 1 year old Vezel's insurance & road tax (6mths), altogether just under $1K (also 50% NCD).

Yes, the insurance is quite unforgiving for the XT, but in terms of driving experience it is just a world apart compared to a vezel or QQ.

depending on age, insurance coy etc. also cannot compare 1.5l and 2l engine lah.

take the insurance outside in-house AIG as dictated by Motorimage, the XT insurance for me is $1.1k comprehensive (50% ncd) wif 1 for 1 if totaled. Far from ur vezel insurance but with dynoed 220whp, driver memory seat, electric tailgate and steering wheel adaptive headlights. Wu hua leh.

the forester 2.0i-p insurance is $880 comprehensive as above. paper specs of 149 hp/200 Nm.

• Praise 1

Wow.. how old is your friend

The comparison is lop sided to begin with:

(1) Most forester owners usually take insurance coverage from AIG (in house), which is freaking high compared to others (for $300 rebate) while the insurance for vezel is 1 year later which owners usually will source for the cheaper ones but comprehensible coverage.

(2) using 2 different classifications of vehicles of different engine capacities. Eg Turbo vs non turbo, 1.5l vs 2l

Even a new non-turbo Forester 2.0i-P is $1.3k if u get insurance coverage from AIG (for my age grp). Almost no difference between XT and NA versions

Let me ask w7_lee this question. If insurance is the same for XT and vezel, which one u buy?

Wow.. how old is your friend

If u want to pay 1.3-1.4k of insurance under AIG (in house, 50% NCD), u hv to be somewhere 40 and above. Unless the fren didnt take up AIG but go and source from AXA (for example), then he could be between 36 to 40 perhaps? I may be wrong. Edited by Carhorn

The comparison is lop sided to begin with:

(1) Most forester owners usually take insurance coverage from AIG (in house), which is freaking high compared to others (for $300 rebate) while the insurance for vezel is 1 year later which owners usually will source for the cheaper ones but comprehensible coverage.

(2) using 2 different classifications of vehicles of different engine capacities. Eg Turbo vs non turbo, 1.5l vs 2l

Even a new non-turbo Forester 2.0i-P is $1.3k if u get insurance coverage from AIG (for my age grp). Almost no difference between XT and NA versions

Let me ask w7_lee this question. If insurance is the same for XT and vezel, which one u buy?

If u want to pay 1.3-1.4k of insurance under AIG (in house, 50% NCD), u hv to be somewhere 40 and above. Unless the fren didnt take up AIG but go and source from AXA (for example), then he could be between 36 to 40 perhaps? I may be wrong.

Insurance same then buy ah seng

Siow leh! Comparing one with 250horses, [email protected], AWD stable even in snow VS 130horses, 11s, skid liao when slippery.

Dunno why vezel thread out of topic until vezel vs forester insurance lor.

Lets keep content relevant. I apologise if i sound like kpkb vezel capability. No intended. Just to state that the 2 cars are different. Like amdk and singaporean. Cannot compare

You wanna downgrade Vezel 16in rim to 15in??

This is the earlier recall. New Vezel no more issue

No, just want to get the one of the 15 inch steel rim as spare. Stock 16 inch cannot fit into the spare tyre compartment

Hi Guys,

am am intending to purchase a Hybrid X with a reputable parallel importer in Singapore. After doing some research realised that a lot of dealers offer different acessories and packages.

I was offered a car with the following specifications, hope fellow Bros here can provide their input to see if the importer forgot any important functions or am trying to "shortchange" me in some way or another. I've only purchased cars through official distributors and is the first time I'm buying one off a parallel importer thus the jitters. All help and advice is deeply appreciated!

So Called Promotion:

6 free servicing or 3 years 50K servicing with (Hitachi Capital)

5 Years Warranty up to 100K

1 Year Road Tax

V-Kool Solar Film

Thinkware F50 Front Camera

Normal Included:

Leather Seats (Two Tones)

I-Smart DVD Player with GPS & Bluetooth (Usually Dealers give Pioneer Systems)

Reverse Camera

2 points Reverse Sensor

Floor Mat

Salesperson Included:

Door Visor

Rear Tonneau Cover

Free Upgrade to Premium Red without TOP Ups

Sales person says no HDMI port only include USB Port but car would come with Standard features such as

Auto Retractable Side Mirrrors

Smart Key System

Cruise Control

Sports Mode Switch

Auto Brake Function

Sports Mode Switch

Do you guys think dealers can negotiate for discounts off their listed prices? Most of the time I see fellow buyers purchasing cars at the standard prices with lesser freebies that's all but seldom get discounts. Any fellow brothers managed to get any better free gifts or discounts?

Thanks guys for your inputs!:)

Not sure if you have brought your vezel. It is all okay to compare price but very important to get a reliable PI. If not all your deposit fly away no matter how cheap, you are going to regret. There are so far 3-4 PI close shop liao.

Edited by Dino-Lee

The other i was at bt timah shopping centre. Saw many brand new vezel parked on the higher level of the carpark. Thinking these vezel belongs to which PI?! Lol.

• Praise 1

His in his mid thirties...

But Carhorn is correct, it's a different category, so cannot compare to Vezel.

Early this year in Feb/Mar, the price of a forester XT is close to a QQ1.2 Adventure series now. I think buying at the right time is important but again who can time COE prices? I still think COE is more predictable than stock market. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1