Mitsubishi airtrek 2.0 turbo-r 4wd using Evo7 engine??

Jackfoo

hello is u again!

i got a assignment for u go & find out which Evo series is it & let me know.

just joking lah! maybe other bros will let us know later ...

[sunny][sunny][sunny]

hello is u again!

i got a assignment for u go & find out which Evo series is it & let me know.

just joking lah! maybe other bros will let us know later ...

A bit hard right... evo 4 onwards all using the 4G63 engine.

Neutral Newbie

if i did not remember wrongly, air terk turbo is abt 20 bhp lower than evo 7 even they using the same engine....

Neutral Newbie

some of which has to do with the top mount intercooler. much lower cooling capacity as compared to the front mount on the evo...

as above is it true? anybody can advise.

thank you [sunny][sunny][sunny][sunny][sunny]

yes affirmitive. A de-tuned EVO engine. The EVO 4G63 engine is a very well tried and tested engine since the early EVOs. The new EVO 9 also use 4G63 but has been upgraded with MIVEC.

Even the non-turbo Airtrek and 98 Galant2.0 S/S is using a 4G63 engine without the Turbo and SOHC instead of DOHC. This engine is very revvy. It can rev to redline effortlessly and quickly.

Neutral Newbie

MIVEC (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve-timing-and-lift Electronic Control) is an automobile variable valve timing technology developed by Mitsubishi.

MIVEC varies the lift of valves by using two different camshaft profiles. It is similar to Honda's VTEC system.

HI ALL,

SORRY GUYS, I HAVE SEARCHED THE ENTIRE FORUM TO LOOK FOR DISCUSSION ON THE AIRTREK 20V.

FOUND NONE. GUESS THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD I CAN USE FOR SOME ADVICE.

YUP....JUST GONNA OWN ONE SOON AFTER YESTERDAY'S SUCCESSFUL COE BIDDING BY THE DEALER.

ANY AIRTREK OWNERS/MITSUBISHI ENTHUSIASTS OUT THERE COULD GIVE SOME POINTERS OR ADVICE ON THIS CAR?

DEALER IS NOT GIVING ME ALLOY RIMS. SHD I GET ONE FROM CYCLE AND CARRIAGE OR GET IT FROM OUTSIDE. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FROM OUTSIDE RIMS DEALER?

ASKED DEALER IF CAR COMES 'TUFF-KOTED' , THEY SAY IT DOES NOT COME WITH IT AND ADVISES CAR IS GALVANISED AND THERE'S NO SUCH NEED NOWADAYS.

ANY COMMENTS?

RGDS