Help! My poor tire!

Zyrofillica

Just discovered a screw with unknown length and screw head size of diameter 1 cm stuck in my tyre. [smallcry]

Tyre pressure of that tire is lower than that of the other rear tyre and i'm scared that it is leaking. Anyone here a tyre expert? [gossip] Got any advice for me on how to save my tire? Using Potenzas and it has only 9000km on it [dead]

Will my tyre suddenly burst if I travel at too high a speed resulting in my untimely demise? [knife]

↡ Advertisement

just go to any tyre shop and ask them to put in stuff some silicon into the hole. [;)] I think mkt price is about $8.

Do not take out the screw but drive slowly to ur tyre shop n ask them to take out n patch if necessary.

If concern just replace ur spare with this tyre n go to ur tyre shop n do likewise.

Neutral Newbie

This happen to my sis new car, still under warranty. She gone back to dearler workshop, they put out the nail and replace it an inserter.... untill now for far so good.

Try to ask the workshop wether can be patchup rather waste money for new replacment.

Neutral Newbie

If the puncture is circular and tiny - can go Por lor ...

if not the pressure might burst the screw out as a projectile at high speed hitting a car next to you and ricochet from it and then to the road divider and then hitting a crow flying by and clip it's wing making it flying inproperly resulting it being sucked into the engine of a 747 flying past and causing engine damage that could result in the plane crashing into the singapore stadium with a football match going on ...so in other words, saving $8 could cause the death of more than 10 thousand human lives ....Quick! GO FIX IT!

[reply]

If the puncture is circular and tiny - can go Por lor ...

if not the pressure might burst the screw out as a projectile at high speed hitting a car next to you and ricochet from it and then to the road divider and then hitting a crow flying by and clip it's wing making it flying inproperly resulting it being sucked into the engine of a 747 flying past and causing engine damage that could result in the plane crashing into the singapore stadium with a football match going on ...so in other words, saving $8 could cause the death of more than 10 thousand human lives ....Quick! GO FIX IT!

Didn't know crow can fly that high.sweatdrop.giflaugh.gif

drive slowly to tire shop and ask them use tire patch, but if the metal wire support thinggy inside is damage u have to change to new tire...but remember no hard driving after u patch it...

Take it easy....shift it to the back wheels will allay your fears. It does not damage your tyre, the metal wire is to make the hole circular, to complete the patch work.

Ivan

Went To stamford, Boss there quote me 300 bucks to trade in and change ,my potenza 30 to turanza 30.

Anybody knows how is the performance of this turanza tyreS? Heard Mazdas all use turanzas as stock tyres? [gossip]

Really cannot drive hard ah =( My potenza still quite new can lup corner sui sui leh.. now cannot liao very sian [smallcry]

Anyway he very nice patch my tyre for free [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

(edited)

Like I said earlier, take it easy....shift it to the back wheels will allay your fears, or use it as spare. It does not damage your tyre, the metal wire is to make the hole circular, to complete the patch work.

I see no need to do that, unless you are driving at the edge daily covering distance like Michael Schumacher. Mechanics love Singapore is something I realised.

Save the money.

Ivan

Edited by Fortress

Do a proper repair good enough. That is patch from the inside type and not those quick fix type that do insert.

Neutral Newbie

K don say i neber help.....always TCSS

Go to Alexandra road ....u know opposite Queenway shpg ctr next to AIA ....there are rows of workshops.....

There's one ....there that's really good but i forgot the name...one ah pek and auntee...when you go in ....from main road ..turn right go stright till you reach the end of the road turn right go stright just at the junction there is a shop.

Cheap! and Good

↡ Advertisement