Where to get Meguair's #21 Synthetic Sealent?

Finclk

Bros,

Do you know where to get the above? It's different from #20 - Polymer sealent. I believe synethtic Sealent is an upgraded version of #20. Anyone knows where i can get #21 - Synthetic Sealent?

Anyone knows who is the distributor of Meguair's Singapore?

thanx

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You sure you wanna buy 64 oz. of it?

It's not available in smaller quantities as far as I know.

A little bit of this stuff goes a long way so you'll be 'stuck' with it for a while.

haha.. i wanted the smaller bottle like #20. But i just found out from online that #21 only available in big big bottle. Guess no point lah.

But thank you anyway. =)

Neutral Newbie
Bros,

Do you know where to get the above? It's different from #20 - Polymer sealent. I believe synethtic Sealent is an upgraded version of #20. Anyone knows where i can get #21 - Synthetic Sealent?

Anyone knows who is the distributor of Meguair's Singapore?

thanx

Has anyone here tried both and can give feedback? Is #21 significantly better than #20? #20 is easy to find unlike #21? 64oz is too much for most people. Hopefully the local distributor will repackage it into smaller bottles ( 8oz or 16oz) and boost sale.

Neutral Newbie
Has anyone here tried both and can give feedback? Is #21 significantly better than #20? #20 is easy to find unlike #21?

Yes I have tried both. I used #20 for many years and have recently switched to #21. My own user opinion is that #21 is a vast improvement over #20 in terms of sleekness and depth. Still accessing the durability of #21 at the moment. I have spoken to the R&D people at Meguiar's and was told that NXT Tech Wax is an improved formula over #20 while #21 was formulated from the grounds up.

Hopefully the local distributor will repackage it into smaller bottles ( 8oz or 16oz) and boost sale.

Don't think they will do that mate! Meguiar's target their #21 sales to the professional so that it will not compete with NXT Tech Wax which is meant for consumers. Which is why you are unlikely to see #21 in smaller bottle...same as you won't see NXT Tech Wax in larger sizes.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Health Warning: the above are not the official statement from Meguiar's (I am not privilege to issue them sweatdrop.gif ). This was obtain during a private conversation with an employee at Meguair's USA. Perhaps when I meet up with Barry Meguiar next week, I can ask him and share it here.

Just so that we are crystal clear...I am not connected with Meguiar's in any capacity, professionally speaking smallcry.gif

Edited by Silgt

Neutral Newbie

i think Dino Car Care carries the meguair's #21. have yet to try it on my car yet though. if i'm not wrong, its a professional product so it probably can't be bought off the shelf.

edwin, from Dino Car Care is the guy who helps groom my car, so maybe you can give him a call or drop by his place to check if he sells. hp no: 91062909, address is mobil station, 600 hougang ave 3.

cheers

Neutral Newbie

Thank you for the feedback. You are so knowledgeable and ever so willing to share your expertise. Can I take it that NXT Tech Wax is better than #20 in terms of shine, depth and durability?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Can I take it that NXT Tech Wax is better than #20 in terms of shine, depth and durability?

Can't give you a honest answer there as I am not yet a big fan of the NXT range (only just bought the NXT Paste Wax 3 weeks ago). Perhaps guys like Gen2 or others who have been using Tech Wax for awhile now can tell you better.

But it is worth mentioning that Meguiar's has spent nearly 6 years (if I recalled correctly) to improve on the formula of #20 and came up with Tech Wax, so I guessed with large R&D budget (probably the largest in the industry) from MG's couple with advances in technology, it should (on paper at least) represent an improvement over #20. Meguiar's has reiterate that NXT Tech Wax is their most durable sealant at the moment...hmmmm

Edited by Silgt

Neutral Newbie

How would you like your car to look like this with NXT Tech Wax, I think the pictures tell the story.

post-14-1121005493_thumb.jpg

post-14-1121005494_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

if you are asking me [confused] ... no I have not tried NXT Tech Wax. I did try the NXT Paste Wax on top of #21. Can tell the durability as I have 3 layers of #21 underneath it [laugh]