Honda City Idsi FC n Mods

Julesct

Neutral Newbie

hiyaz,

due to increasing FC, i started modding my 2003 Idsi. Rite now, my list of mods include:

1. Closed Pod with CAi

2. SAFC2

3. 15" w BFG Sport rubbers

all the other koyok stuff like e68, superione all take out already long ago, still FC not getting better than 13km/l. my driving is now like tortoise. 70% City 30% highway

have tried mcwell, autodynamic, getting some guy to tune AFC but still not much success in getting better FE.

(1)anyone here can advise what workshop to go to for diagnosis and recommendation?

(2)anyone here know how to disable AFC - without losing all settings?

thnaks [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

70% city!!!

how well you want your FC to be?

u should be glad & not wasting money to find more problem.

Yah, becos ur driving pattern is 70% city and only 30% highway. IMHO 13km/l is good! Compared to the colt im driving, 70% highway and only 30% city. I am also getting 13km/l.

Honda did quite a good job with the I Dsi engine!

See no point screwing it further![laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie
[laugh] i used to get 15-16km/l that's why i'm screwing the idsi left rite centre! its abt 2 yrs old now...

Neutral Newbie

when it was new, i was getting 15-16km/l, stock. then as i approached 2nd year, find that gradually getting less n less FE. so i started to mod, at best, it halted the decline but overall, FE never improv

Did u do regular servicing? Or did u travelling pattern change? Change any sparks plugs, air filter, tyres, bodykit, petrol grade?

I'm surprised to hear tat. I wonder any1 else encounter the same problem after 2yrs. I'm still very keen to get this ride if I hv enuff $$.. [:|]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

What's your mileage now?

Aiyaa... car get older... road condition oso different

FC cannot remain constant... esp over 2 year ... cannot really compare and complain

For my ride... sometimes get 14+... sometimes 16+ and best 21+ (only one time [shocked] )

same route same timing everday... different condition everytime

but I dun expect to get 20+km/l even though still trying to maintain my best right foot [sly]

[idea] Just hold a $50 note in your hand and enjoy your [drivingcar]

Edited by Benhew05

Neutral Newbie

getting 13-14km/l, that's after a whole series of mods. it dropped to as bad as 12km/l before.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Have you used any so called injector cleaners, aka fuel addictive? Works wonders on a 180k KM 3 year G9 corolla. Just 1 doze of redline SI-1 system cleaner, his FC improved alot to almost his original good fc. [scholar] Only gave him a doze, cos i stingy. [:p] But to date, his FC still quite good as compared to before cleaning.

Edited by Megalord

Neutral Newbie

when FE started to decline, i added mods. FC was 12.5 before mod operandi, have been monitoring and have already taken out non-effective mods like e68, superione and open-pods. so now FC is quite constant at 13.5-14 with SAFC2 and closed-pod.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

[jawdrop][dizzy][crazy]

topped up at shell last nite. 29L ~ 440KM! 15km/L. Holy sxxt! Must be doing something rite...I think my current mods are the right fit. Closed pod + SAFC2 + modded right-foot (less n 2.5K RPM -- limited to one chase mode per day). Last top up was V-Power some more....and added a bottle of octane boosters from STP too!

Edited by Julesct

Neutral Newbie

Since you are trying additives might as well try the STP System Cleaner too...

Heard can improve FC and engine responsiveness even better and much more effective than the Octane Booster

...just 1 dose will do, can see the diff [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

I believe sometimes the mods only have very marginal effects and u may be better off buying fuel efficient tyres and checking the pressure constantly and driving less hard.

Neutral Newbie

well i believe the 2 major mods on my car, the SAFC2 and the closed-pod, actually enhance the performance and FE in my car. My car was completely stock when the FE started to decline. After trial/error, I've narrowed down to these 2 mods that give the best balance in terms of performance and FC.

but i agree on the tyres. my current BFgoodrich are comparable to ST115s. so it is a heavy tyre. great performance but....any fair grippy, quiet, light tyres to reccomend? [hur][laugh]