Autoglym help

Specgt

Neutral Newbie

Well, good news! After reading around, decided to redo the diy process all over again... Steps taken (total of 4 hours, excluding waiting time):

1) Wet car plenty of water.

2) Shampoo car.

3) Claybar to remove foreign particles.

4) Dry car.

5) Polish with SRP using straight strokes. (Need to use A LOT of force to remove all water marks and swirls already etched into the paint.)

6) Wipe of the polish immediately. (I did not wait for the polish to haze..)

7) Apply EGP thinly, and wait... (Applied it at 8 pm, and let the sealant sit overnight!)

8) Buff off the haze from the EGP in the morning.

And the results are great! Most swirl marks are gone, all watermarks removed, and the surface looks just like new! [sunny] Thanks everyone for all the help. Hmm.. Will try to add on another layer of EGP tonight to see if layering EGP will improve the gloss even further...

Overall, its really tough work, but the results are satisfying... [nod]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Layer weekly? Hmm.. Will try that... You using EGP too? What do you use to wash the car subsequently after layering the EGP?

Specgt,

I did use EGP long long time ago. Now I'm using Klasse, but at the EGP time I did layering everyweek. The Armoall car wash is good enough. Just apply EGP

after wash and your ride shall look shine shine everyday.

The advantage to do the layering: The coating of Sealant will be thicker by layering

and therefore, watermark, bird droppings are more easy to clean. Also the effort of

EGP will give your ride super shiny bright.

Now for me I still layering Klasse Sealant weekly and my ride just look and feel as good as showroom condition.

To keep ur ride in super condition is very easy only one word to describe : HARDWORKING [flowerface]

MarcosTan

Toyota Rav4

Neutral Newbie

I see... Heard a lot of good things about Klasse too... How is it compared to Autoglym? Thinking of switching to Klasse after my current bottle of Autoglym is used up... [rolleyes]

SpecGt

Both Autoglym & Klasse actually are very good product, one thing I prefer Klasse is

only one thing :

No waiting time, just wipe on then wipe off. I can't stand the waiting time for

Autoglym: 1 hour for SRP 2 hours for EGP. I wasted three hours just waiting for

buffing.

Regards,

MarcosTan

Toyota Rav4 [:)]

Neutral Newbie

why turn down such good offer? you dont want, can pass me the prize instead?

yo jazz... bikini babe car polish ok? nosebleed.gif

Is that ur car in the avatar? I have seen it many times and I everytime I keep telling myself it is damn shiny, now I know why. Can u post or PM me a bigger pic? I can't help admiring your work. [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hmm... No waiting time definitely sounds good! [thumbsup] Will definitely give Klasse a try... Thanks!