Sticky Valves

Cbx750p

My buddy have problem with his Aveo after driving some 20,000 km . It idle very badly and had problem starting up. The dealer found that his inlet valves have been fouled up and he has to pay for the repairs ! They say it is because of the fuel he is using and the way he drives. Was told to speed up and open up to ensure that the inlet valves do not get clotted up. Crazy or what ? Who is gonna to pay for the speeding fine ?

post-69-1117436545_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

For possible libel reasons, I was asked not to reveal the brand. The only thing is, I use the same brand of fuel because it actually gives better mileage but I do not have this complaint. I am coming to 30K now but engine is smooth as silk !

20,000km or 200,000km ?? Even if its the later, on a mechanically sound engine, this will not happen too. Looks like the injectors or ECU seriously in question. Better check and see if the O2 sensor is working or not too....looks bad.

20,000 km believe it or not ! Looks like the valves belong to a 200,000 km car,right ? I did not believe this also myself but when my buddy showed me the repair bill, I did !

CBX

r u refering to engine oil ,fuel/petrol or those dope ?

unless u pump elsewhere,,,there are only a few types of fuel sold locally.

(edited)

Woahhj [hur] you guys are very slow lah ! Already said that petrol, gasoline, benzine is the thing that is causing it lah ! If you catch my hint....."it actually give you better mileage"....you will know what brand of fuel it is ! But the problem is, I am also using the same [dizzy] fuel without any problem. So, the problem is not with the fuel but with the way my buddy drive. He drives like a retired lady school teacher with 1000 deg glasses ! [laugh][laugh][laugh] Hope he does not read this !

Morale of the story, you must drive like a real MAN once in a while ( THIS IS NOT A CHAUVINIST STATEMENT BECAUSE SOME BABE DRIVES LIKE A MAN ) and open up the throttle to clean up the system like yours humbly always do....i.e. don't complaint about fuel consumption !

Edited by Cbx750p

Neutral Newbie

OMG! [shocked][shocked][shocked]

Really due to engine oil and drving style!? [confused] Wow! That must be something! Never heard before that a car must be driven in a "certain" style so as not to "damage" it. Geez! Maybe my Optra's rough idling is also due to the same problem (the car just can't handle my driving style and the top grade engine oil I feed it with. what the hell are SA thinking of!).

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

OIC

tat brand !!!!!

had been using since day 1.....

but if ur fren is using the min ron level as specified in the car manual and the servicing is done accordingly; I see no reason why the repair bill must not be bore by SA..!!!

(edited)

Maybe it is too late now but if BP is still around, this may not have happened ???

http://www.bp.com.au/ultimate/pages/cleaner_engine.asp

Or would SHELL have been a better choice ???

http://www.scandoil.com/moxie_issue/issue_...ves-home-.shtml

Or maybe we should follow our Malaysian brothers....afterall...Malaysia Boleh Lah !

http://www.mymesra.com.my/index.php?ch=41&pg=101&ac=714

Nevertheless, all fuel are perhaps equal and it depends on the driver. BTW, I found this on the web and you guys may find it interesting :

WHAT HAPPENS IF I USE THE WRONG OCTANE FUEL? If you use a fuel with an octane rating below the requirement of the engine, the tuner may have to adjust the engine settings into an area of less efficient combustion, resulting in reduced power and increased fuel use. If you use a fuel with an octane rating higher than what the engine can use, you are just wasting money by paying for octane that you can not utilise. The additive packages are matched to the engines using the fuel, for example intake valve deposit control additive concentrations may be increased in the premium octane grade. If your driver does not have a knock sensor, then using a fuel with an octane rating significantly below the octane requirement of the engine means that the little men with hammers will gleefully pummel your engine to pieces.

Check out more interesting reads...here http://www.ukcar.co.uk/features/tech/Engine/fuel.htm

Edited by Cbx750p

I have come to accept the rough idling on my Optra after some many complaints, I simply give up and learn to live with it ! Now, I will tell my passengers that the slight rough vibration is due to the 3/4 race cams I have installed on my car ! Afterall, how often do I spend in the traffic ? Measure that against the time I send the car in, it is just not worth it ! I think it is a character of the engine ! Hey, the 3/4 race cam is free !

CBX

[jawdrop][jawdrop][jawdrop] Yo bro... Don't scare me... A similar incident that you described happened to me once... And I am using the fuel that suppose gives me better milage as well... Moreover, that morning, I was reporting for my ICT on the firstday... Imagine how I felt... [furious] Luckily, I managed to bring my ride back to life by ramming harder on the gas... Till today, it has not happened again, and I hope it will not happen again... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

There was another case a few years back on another make and its also the same fuel that 'gives you better mileage'. I guess it's'hell' for the owner to be footing the bill, should just polished the valves instead and get the problem fixed with better performance at the same time. [;)]

AutoRx will fix it. The BITOGers have used successfully to clear sticky valves. After that, they throw in Lube Control.

It works as many has said. Not snake oil. It is sheep oil. AutoRx is sheep lanollin esters.

Hey...why do you think the manufacturer have a red line limit made in the tachometer ??? You must make full use of the engine rpm to keep the engine healthy lah ! So rev it up, keep it up and live it up !

I should be a Poet ! [lipsrsealed]

EM the only one purported to be one staunchly using deposit control additives in the 90s when many of the other companies are doing away with them. BTW, this is a view from the GM engineer that locked horns with many of the BITOGers. See the post which I quoted him.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=885425

I trust EM fuels and to an extent, Malaysia's EM fuels as well.