Cheaper to bid or go for confirm coe?

Kingbowler

Neutral Newbie

Cat A dropped $1k+. n juz got coe through bidding but wondering whether is it better to bid or get confirm coe? got getz at 51888 for bidding n if get confirm coe is 53888. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

If you have the time, bidding is definitely cheaper.

The confirmed COE is a method to squeeze more out from those who are not patient, a classic example differential pricing ( i.e. charge more to whoever can afford it )

Yah, price discrimination is practiced everywhere.

For example, when a car is first released, it's real cost tends to be more. By real cost I mean that even though the car price may remain the same for the next few years, it would certainly come with more and better accessories, for the same price. This is because there is value to be placed in owning a new model ASAP.

The same thing goes for bidding. There is value to be placed in knowing that you CAN get the car you want and it's not left to probabilities. Therefore over all, if you can afford to wait, current market situations would point towards waiting.

(edited)

Never ever make the BIG mistake of topping up COE. I rather donate to charity.

It only gives the distributors the power to push up COE prices.

Edited by Vit4wd

Supercharged

bro,

why go for guaranteed

- if you predict the COE to go up, secure at current lower price

why go for bidding

- if you predict the COE to remain the same or go down a bit

why go for bidding with high COE rebate

- if you predict the COE to drop meaningfully

The dealers always price it such that it is "cheaper" to buy with guaranteed COE.

They price the ir cars sky high if its without COE package.

Neutral Newbie

Not true.

Take a look at latest sales from C&C. Hope they can pioneer a more transparent car pricings for consumers. But again looking at how we choose cars here, rationale is often out of the question. That's why some companies can simply dictate what the buyers should pay.

Neutral Newbie

most chaps who book car will definitely be tempted to top up , this is buyer's behaviour. The sales will say what is 2-3k when the car costed 50+ k ?

it is now up to your clear and persistant mind to play along their game : kana COE or not .... I can always wait

↡ Advertisement