Beware! cyclist crosses @ pedestrain/zebra crossing

York

Now aday...do u noticed cyclist oso wan to use the pedestrain/zebra to cross especially @ housing estate. Very scare of them, the last time I encountered... nearly hit a lady riding across a filter lane zebra crossing, misses her by a few inches as I jammed my brake. Heng ah! she was carrying a little girl on her cycle. [sweatdrop]

I did'nt saw her as she was riding against the traffic & the road side was blinded by a huge tree.

Just wanna share tis experience wif u guys....[shocked]

↡ Advertisement

rule of thumb is always slow down when approching traffic, zebra crossings (esp near housing estates, schools etc)... u never know when someone will pop out! [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

you ought to be careful when approaching zebra/pedestrian crossing...no rules saying cyclist cant use them... [:p]

the problem i am facing is nowadays there are humps/speed strips design and painted like zebra crossing but is not coz its in yellow....and pple thght these are zebra crossing!!! causing vehicles to jam brake unnecessary when they are turing in from junction into the carpark.... [furious]

"you ought to be careful when approaching zebra/pedestrian crossing...no rules saying cyclist cant use them... "

huh! I thought it's for pedestrian...as it's known as 'pedestrain' crossing.. [:p]

But if collied wif a cycle @ tis location oso 'hard time' if the cyclist's injured. Getting witness & giving statement... [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

[laugh][laugh][laugh] there was once i noticed oranges popping out on zebra crossing...

a lady carrying her grocery bag didn't noticed it until we had to horn her....wat a hazard to the rest of the drivers.............

Neutral Newbie

you ought to be careful when approaching zebra/pedestrian crossing...no rules saying cyclist cant use them...

Actually, its against traffic regulations that cyclists cycle onto pedestrian crossings, technically they are in the wrong. If they push the bicycle across the pedestrian crossing then they are correct. Did you know that there are BICYCLE crossings in Singapore ??

[pirate][cool]

The slip road to PIE at Eunos flyover is also very dangerous! Encountered many cyclists popping out!! Thank God for my 4 disc brakes!

Neutral Newbie

Ya.... Damn close today at CCK way... Was behind a mini bus, the bus made the turn once the traffic and pedestrian clear but E brake and I was about an inch away ... Later saw a young man wearing a ARMY shirt riding a bicycle ride across it !!! He heard my horn and he pointed What's up man...? at me... Was furious and pull to one side, start horning at him which he rides off quickly... However, I get into the car and drive towards his direction, but couldn't find him... Guess he saw me coming and he quickly rides into the blocks.... Still dare to point at me when he has made a mistake by just crossing the road in the pedestrian walkway without alighting from the bicycle... Damn man...

Neutral Newbie
rule of thumb is always slow down when approching traffic, zebra crossings (esp near housing estates, schools etc)... u never know when someone will pop out! sweatdrop.gif

Actually a cyclist is not allowed to cycle on the pavement and use the pedestrian crossing. They are meant to use the road. Any TP here.. please correct me if I'm wrong. Cyclist are allowed to push their bikes at padestrian crossings.

(edited)

Yes, cyclist are to push their bicycles across any crossing.

and they are not allowed to cycle on the pedestrian walkway.

so they go onto the road.

i have to give them the wide berth when i meet them. ride as if they own the road.

aiyoh.............. [knife][whip]

Edited by Shiwao

Now aday...do u noticed cyclist oso wan to use the pedestrain/zebra to cross especially @ housing estate. Very scare of them, the last time I encountered... nearly hit a lady riding across a filter lane zebra crossing, misses her by a few inches as I jammed my brake. Heng ah! she was carrying a little girl on her cycle. [sweatdrop]

I did'nt saw her as she was riding against the traffic & the road side was blinded by a huge tree.

Just wanna share tis experience wif u guys....[shocked]

Do practise slow down when nearing crossings.... like your experience, if you knock down the mother & daughter most ppl will pity them even though you have the right of way. So end of the day prevention is better than cure. [drivingcar]

Peace Bro [angel]

Not all are that bad lah.. I try to ride at night so as to minimise impact for fellow motorists.

Sometimes the huge vehicles like trailers and buses zoom by close to you, can really feel like falling! [sweatdrop]

(edited)

paiseh [:p]

not to meant all, but some only.

noticed only old fellows, PRC personnel, indians...the list goes on...

but generally, cyclists tend to stay in line and not weave in and out .

tailers? yeah..i give them an inch to clear. try not to stay beside them most of the time.

i understand what you mean, i know how destructive trailers and heavy vehicles can be.

Edited by Shiwao
↡ Advertisement