Toyota Avanza?

Acemundo

can't seem to find any writeup on this car.....but seems pretty popular with our malaysian neighbours...saw 2 new spanking units zipping on our sg roads liao

anyone got more info on this car?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

isit a mini MPV?? if it is, then i think its the one wif 1.3l vvti engine. Waiting list for it is 12 mths inside.

Neutral Newbie

Let me explain.. Toyota Avanza has 2 variant E & G. At present, the engine 1,3L DOHC EFI. The 1,3L DOHC VVT-i only available in A/T. For now, the price is 105 million rupiah for the G type. 1S$=5800 rupiah.

http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/articles...e_99/page_m.asp [jawdrop]

firstly, this thing can HARDLY GO with 7 seated, if u toking 2nd generation common rail turbo diesel 1.3L, yes, for 1.3 petrol , even a renault kangoo can take full load and beat it hands down

secondly, since it got nothing much to "go" with, i guess they dun care abt how to stop it

i guess 2 disc brakes at front enuff to grip, just hope the skinny 14 inch and 70 profile tyres got enuff grips with 5 ppl behind to avoid skidding yea?

thirdly, toyota with no airbag

come on....u think borneo motors will bring this in? bloody joke

[hur]

parting shot

this joker is built from a daihatsu minivan chassis, not their so call "new" chassis

do a search on net for toyota avanza minivan

indonesia parts, made in peudora factory, not thailand

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=81235&st=400

Edited by Furrynadz

wow, seems like it is a tie up with perodua, no wonder cheap and favourite of the malaysian.

and rear wheel drive too!..interesting.

its based on a old platform used in breadvans, eg liteace and dihatsu extol

named the same as a van plying its trade big time in indonesia and malaysia

go indonesia a lot of these, 1.3L enuff for van small size like extol, mpv 7 seater... [hur]

hehe.....in fact, to seat lots of pple at economical cost, the platform of vans is the most appropriate.

in fact, i ever feel mpvs are like vans.

yeah driving a car is always very different from driving a van...

actually i wud be interested to try the avanza to see if what you say is really true.

Neutral Newbie

I personally think that its made to please the Perodua and MPV crowd base.

Cheap and usable if you ask me .... wink.gif

A peugeot salesguy summed it up for me recently on a trip to their showroom.

"How many times have you really seen a fully loaded MPV in Singapore ??"

Thus I conclude that the Toyota Avanza people have the same thing in mind when designing this car. Use a small engine, basics but priced to sell. However, if you need to load in 7 people (those once in a while scenarios), you can thumbsup.gif

Even me with 5 kids hardly gets the 323 fully loaded all week wink.gif, thats why I am still very reluctant to go the MPV route tongue.gif

hehe....personally i think it will be a hit in singapoer too if it ever reach our shores.

as you know singaporeans like to get maximum mileage for their purchases, they will definitely favour such a car.......performance and handling might rank lower on their priority.

Neutral Newbie

That I cant quite say ... Singaporeans buy car because of prestige, not usability sly.gif

If word gets out on the whats not in this car ... it will appeal to the Made in Malaysia or Made in Thailand car crowd. Those insistent on getting a car made in Japan or Europe will never buy this car ... they cant lose face. tongue.gif

Thats why I feel the Protons is not well sold here even though its a nicely priced car for a 10 yr tenure unimpressed.gif

hehe.....i tot the toyota brand is by itself sufficiently persuasive.....

i guess what u are referring to are mostly the pple that goes for bigger cc cars.

but actually, i tink the problem with proton is more because they know how much the malaysians are paying for that car and how much we need to pay that in sg, makes them feel it much less worth it to get a proton

Neutral Newbie

i guess what u are referring to are mostly the pple that goes for bigger cc cars.

Yep ... I mean how many MPV owners do you know actually got more than 3 kids ?? rolleyes.gif

MPV is the latest status symbol .... so for those looking to buy an MPV for status and prestige, and worry about what relatives and neighbours may say .... this Avanza aint their cup of tea tongue.gif

You got that right. Between a bigger sized MPV with prestigious undertones and an estate. They will choose the MPV because it costs more to own. hur.gif

Seems like only the angmoh expats here would take the estate if their needs for loadspace is not high.

MPVs = fuel guzzling environmentally non-friendly hard to park and worse of all mostly driven by women who are totally clueless when it comes to spatial dimensions to maneuver this behemoth!

↡ Advertisement