Seat Leon Cupra R

Wrxblue

i drove not the Cupra but the FR trim (both manual and auto) extensively (clocked about 5000km)

In summary, i really like the Leon and i prefer it to the Golf actually.

What do you feel is the difference with Golf?

What do you feel is the difference with Golf?

1. I felt that the Golf is less forgiving to the driver. My experience was that the Golf will stall a lot more readily than the Leon so most of the time i had to clutch in earlier than the Leon

2. The sound proofing is better on the Golf than the Leon. This is evident at the autobahns when the speedo went beyond 130km/h

3. The dashboard layout as well as the button arrangement seem more intuitive i.e. sensibly laid out compared to the Golf. As a result, the Leon has a cleaner interior in my opinion

4. It felt to me that the Leon is significantly more sprightly and quicker in throttle response compared to the Golf though both are powered by the same 1.4 TSi. Torque steer seems to be more pronounced on the Golf.

1. I felt that the Golf is less forgiving to the driver. My experience was that the Golf will stall a lot more readily than the Leon so most of the time i had to clutch in earlier than the Leon

2. The sound proofing is better on the Golf than the Leon. This is evident at the autobahns when the speedo went beyond 130km/h

3. The dashboard layout as well as the button arrangement seem more intuitive i.e. sensibly laid out compared to the Golf. As a result, the Leon has a cleaner interior in my opinion

4. It felt to me that the Leon is significantly more sprightly and quicker in throttle response compared to the Golf though both are powered by the same 1.4 TSi. Torque steer seems to be more pronounced on the Golf.

Ngeow! Cupra R or Golf Gti in SGP context? given that they are in the same ballpark, price wise.

• Praise 1

Ngeow! Cupra R or Golf Gti in SGP context? given that they are in the same ballpark, price wise.

no cupra R in singapore context. vertex only has the cupra 290, and i will go for that over the GTI any day. higher specs for lower price point, digital cockpit, LSD, less common...easy choice for me. what i will be wary of is the aftersales by agent...and how financially stable they are to last in this industry. stuck up SE too, for the kind of low volumes they are doing...i would be expecting more sincerity to close deals (i.e. nego). 

no cupra R in singapore context. vertex only has the cupra 290, and i will go for that over the GTI any day. higher specs for lower price point, digital cockpit, LSD, less common...easy choice for me. what i will be wary of is the aftersales by agent...and how financially stable they are to last in this industry. stuck up SE too, for the kind of low volumes they are doing...i would be expecting more sincerity to close deals (i.e. nego). 

If you are still looking, @freeder can intro you to a nice lady SE. @radx also agrees she is very good sales person

• Praise 1

If you are still looking, @freeder can intro you to a nice lady SE. @radx also agrees she is very good sales person

Thks for recommendation bro, but dropped the cupra already for various reasons. My sales was a guy though, for what its worth.

Feel free to contact me for her ctc.

Very “accommodating” lady.. she’s quite bz one so only serious buyers pls..

• Praise 7

Agreed on the cmi attitude of SE

12 hours ago, AlbertHo_103060 said:

@Freeder

Hi,

Do u still have the contact? Frm which outlet?

Lost her ctc...

Maybe @Genes still have her ctc..

Last heard , he was kinda interested..

Ubi outlet, Vertex...

• Haha! 1

On 3/27/2021 at 10:16 AM, Freeder said:

Lost her ctc...

Maybe @Genes still have her ctc..

Last heard , he was kinda interested..

Ubi outlet, Vertex...

Paiseh. Dont have it. Your cai i dare not covet

47 minutes ago, Genes said:

Paiseh. Dont have it. Your cai i dare not covet

I’m talking abt the god damn car....C’mon..

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1