Reducing heat and noise in engine

Kelpie

Someone who pelts stones at moving cars. Hahaha [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Seriously, I guess it's some kind of heat exchange equip for main frames/servers or something like that.

1. Some cars come with the heat insulation board behind the hood. it helps to protect paint work on the hood. Is this a neccessity?

2. Some also mentioned that it helps to reduce engine noise. Is this true?

3. What is roughly the market price to install one?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

The insulation is more for sound proofing... anyway... the car's paint work is suppose to withstand high temperature heat.... so doesn't matter if u have it or not.

Doesn't really reduce engine noise in my opinion.....

If DIY... with normal material... probably $30-$50 can liao... [nod]

Neutral Newbie

A peltier is a semiconductor-based electronic component that functions as a small heat pump. By applying a low voltage source to a peltier module, one module face will be cooled while the opposite face simultaneously is heated. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

.. and break it!! [crazy][shocked][dizzy]

i think if you gave a hot engine block 1 pail of water, it might break... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Crack got 2 type... Hairline crack and the super jialat crack... Hairline crack i believe engine still can run... But cannot over-drive... else the crack goes into stage 2.. that is... the super jialat crack. That's when i think all the engine oil will start spilling and all the other stuff comes popping out... [:p][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

I was thinking of NOT putting the nitrogen to the engine block... Was thinking of like... direct the heated air to the nitrogen tank... then the cool air go back into the engine... Idea? [idea]

Neutral Newbie

yeah but then it becomes a running cost thing - much like nitro... i'm looking for fixed cost upgrades to the car which will improve performance...

like turbo/super charging... if you play your cards right - lta will approve these mods - on a per model per case basis, or so they say [sly]

↡ Advertisement