100% cotton vs. microfibre

Tea3

Neutral Newbie

same experience I had thumbsdown.gif... used 02 pcs from the pack (think it comes with 8/box) and chuck the whole box in store room as well unsure.gif

worst is after washing it (like wat u said), the cloths tangled together like dizzy.giflaugh.gif..worse than my baby diapers...

and it's veli ex for the quality of cloth...mad.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i concurred. the autoglym polishing cloth is one of the worst detailing products you can find... it's as bad as it can be! wonder who on earth actually allow such lousy product to come into mkt.... and it is still selling! OMG jawdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

concurred. the autoglym polishing cloth is one of the worst detailing products you can find... it's as bad as it can be! wonder who on earth actually allow such lousy product to come into mkt.... and it is still selling! OMG

the brand/product has been in the mkt for a long long time... they most probably purchased the stuff in bulk (economies of scale).. though it could be a R&D mistake on the particular product, they still gonna try to sell it off rather than shelf it in the warehse..

another thread mentioned (if not wrong) the sticker on the polishing bottle mentioned using cotton towel best for buffing/detailing... but do understand it's the same sticker they are using from day one on all their polishing bottles...

imagine the trouble & $$ involved if they gonna switch the stickers (worldwide) to 'use MF cloths for buffing/detailing' dizzy.gif.. probably got to recall all bottles in the mkt and re-launch a new packaging..sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

actually no need to recall old stock. just paste the new label on the new stock and slowly, old stock will be replaced by new stock wink.gif

but i do agree to a certain extend that cotton towel is best for buffing... at least for certain waxes and polishes. sometimes, MF cloth simply too "smooth" to effectively buff off the white residue.

Neutral Newbie

There are different 'grades' of mfs, some are more suited for glass (with very short naps), some are good for polishing, some are good for buffing and qd (very plush type), some are multi purpose, some are simply no good [:p][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

sometimes, MF cloth simply too "smooth" to effectively buff off the white residue.

how the cloth is weaved can determine wat a MF cloth is best used for... I have a set of the fiber-shine polishing pack (comes w/ MF applicator & cloth, yellow color).. felt the cloth is not plush but actually quite good for buffing off stubborn residues (used it b4 on glare & autoglym SRP)...tongue.gif

Neutral Newbie

oh ya, i have the fibershine pack too. both the applicator and buffing cloth is good. only complain is that the applicator absorbs too much! always have the feeling i kinda wasted lots of wax (my wax super liquid, as liquid as plain water) cos all taken in by the applicator.... sweatdrop.gif

as for 3m MF cloth (i believe bro here is referring to the green colour cloth)... that one.... too rough for my liking.

having said that, i do have a piece of 3m MF cloth and am using it - becos it is rough, it is quite effective in polishing off tough stains and scratches tongue.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

it's not bad..just tat it does not have longer fibers to trap/hold more haze-off residues while buffing.. the cloth tends to saturate fast with residues and afterwhich, it kinds of pushes the residues from one side of paintwork to the other.. I need a couple of it to buff my whole ride (when using autoglym SRP or Glare) ..and after several wash, it becomes rougher leh unsure.gif

I prefer MF buffing cloths (not too soft) tat have 2-3mm fibers length.. they hold more residues, and when I slap it on my thigh (laugh.gif), the residues come off easily.. and I can continue using it...wink.gif

Edited by Autocraze

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

oh ya, i have the fibershine pack too. both the applicator and buffing cloth is good. only complain is that the applicator absorbs too much! always have the feeling i kinda wasted lots of wax (my wax super liquid, as liquid as plain water) cos all taken in by the applicator.... sweatdrop.gif

bro, pour ur wax into a spray bottle...spray it on paintwork and use the MF applicator to spread evenly .. How abt. tat?? tongue.gif tats wat I do with the Mother's Carnauba Wax...wink.gif

Edited by Autocraze

(edited)

Yep bro...agree...3M detailing cloth is on the rough side, better for heavier duty stuff [;)]

sidetrack a bit about MF to avoid...I donno but I don dare to buy MrClean stuff even since I bought their MF cloth...CMI ah [mad]

Edited by Kaiserdome

Neutral Newbie

sidetrack a bit about MF to avoid...I donno but I don dare to buy MrClean stuff even since I bought their MF cloth...CMI ah mad.gif

yet to try it but will heed ur advice...tks for the info... thumbsup.gif
↡ Advertisement