ADM Aircharger

Multi

Hi JamesGetz,

Well, there's always Pro & Con in every products. Have installed the Aircharger and the result so far is [thumbsup] Especially when taking off at the Traffic light. For high end, can feel even better performance, I don't feel any hinder of from the fan at high speed. Anyway, mine is install at near the Throttle body, not at the open of the ait intake which some of them did... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Don't waste time with this la. Save the money for a piggyback ECU. Much more gains. Anyway, why don't you try dynoing the car with and without the ADM aircharger. Dyno is a far more objective way of seeing if this thing works for your car.

If you get only about 5 or less hp gain, then don't bother.

Hm, Haven't experience OBIT, but I have heard quite good reviews from Honda owners.

Personally, I have installed Unichip in my last ride, Mit Lancer and my current Rx8.

Did a dyno tune and gained about 20 hp (with exhaust mods inclusive) on all bands :)

So pretty satisfied with Unichip. If you need more info on where to install and stuff just feel free to pm me . Cheers

Other simple and cheap mods to do will be to decat (8-10 hp gains) - (not LTA approved) or Cold Air Intake (about 3-5 hp gains).

There will be a lot of exaggeration about increased gains from products like fuel ionisers and air intake systems,etc...Just be careful about them la. most of them not true.

Edited by Nocturnal113

Neutral Newbie

sorry to drift the thread.. how much does the de-cat cost? and is there any way you can be found out at the annual inspeaction?

For Decat should be about 100-250 bucks, depending on what kind of decat you wanna do. If you just wanna remove the cat and put a straight pipe in place, then it is cheaper. But the other method, which is mainly for LTA inspection is to take your original cat and "shell through", which means to destroy the cat and put a straight pipe through. I think it is a bit more expensive because more labour. Disadvantage is that your orginal cat gone liao, so if you wanna revert back a bit more difficult.

Usually, your mechanic should be able to settle for you for the inspection. Just pass him the car.

Neutral Newbie

hey multi,

read from ur posts that you installed the ADM AC? Cool! Paid $598 for it?? I was thinking abt installing it too. But wasnt sure how the effects would be. Did it really make an lasting imperssion? Now that you have installed it for abt 2-3 months, hows the FC doing? and will the ECU "get used" to the airflow so that after a few months, you cant feel the power already?

Appreciate your inputs to my queries. Thanks!

Hi JamesGetz,

Well, there's always Pro & Con in every products. Have installed the Aircharger and the result so far is [thumbsup] Especially when taking off at the Traffic light. For high end, can feel even better performance, I don't feel any hinder of from the fan at high speed. Anyway, mine is install at near the Throttle body, not at the open of the ait intake which some of them did... [thumbsup]

wat i noe, there is not any electric pump that can work harder than the engine's four pistons, i doubt even eRam motor can. [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

Why not get the real thing like belt-driven supercharger or exhaust driven turbo ones. [nod][thumbsup]

Supercharged
Are these airchargers LTA friendly??? [confused]

confirm friendly, coz it doesn't increase power so won't affect safety mah [laugh]

maybe should ask: if it really works, why no car manufacturers using at all?

my sentiments exactly! no mechanical gadget at this price can increase the air pressure enough to make a difference in terms of performance. my friend installed in his Toledo, went for a dyno & guess what? the device is better off, well, when it is off! better still, best measurement was w/o it! removed! the air flow when your engine is working is like, so many times more powerful than what the electric fan can even provide. it will mostly likely be a hindrance in the intake set-up.

but anyway, just to relate some experience from the usage. it's the individual's $$ to see where to spend it on wisely ... [wave]

Hi Carmodz,

Despite many negative comments on the aircharger, I still go ahead to install one. All I can say is no regrets getting one. Intro to 2 friends, all with the same sentiments.

1. it really helps in the pick up

2. FC - no change

Hope this helps... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

I think maybe it takes nothing for them to sell 2. Haha.

I think a good intake style, such as hood scoop, will really increase the PSI easily if you go high speed.

Furthermore, I doubt electricity is powerful enough to compress that much air.

Here's an idea, connect the charger fan to the engine's crank pulleys.. So, higher RPM = higher compression.. Sounds familiar.. haha

Edited by Zrun

Neutral Newbie

I think a reason why it works is because it directly increases the readings of MAF at low throttle. So, your car will be very responsive at low RPM. However, I think it should have a slight negative effect on FC.

Edited by Zrun

Autodesign also selling a electric turbo thing rite ( similar working principle as the air charger) ? You never install that instead ? Mine also korean car, not sure if I can gain some performance with this adm thingie. But you find it significantly improved for the low end ? For me, i hardly go above 100km/hr, high end is not all that important, but my low end is suffering drastically due to the weight of the car and the poor intake setup. You got other mod besides this ? and how hard they rape the car in order to fit the air charger ?

Yes, I saw that but didn't like the look of it and its very bulky. I like the ADM cos it is fix near the Throttle body. Looks neater and original. Same here, my ride also a Korean, heavy and slow. That's where the Aircharger comes in...Low End is [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement