ADM Aircharger

Multi

Dunno about the ADM, was reading the other site.

Anyway, if the max pressure it can boost is only ~ 0.1 bar...... how effective would that be when you regulate it to lesser under lower engine loads??? Not like its that high boost/pressure that allows regulating due to torque converter slip, if its set too high. [:|]

If I wanted it on my ride, I would want the full capacity supportable from low to even high engine loads. [nod]

↡ Advertisement

ADM has a control box which is connected to the vacuum hose of the throttle body to monitor the load of engine. It will regulate the speed of the fan accordingly. This is what i was told by Autodesign... [thumbsup]

Mine's not the CVVT, mine's the Sirius Engine 7 seaters. I'm getting average of 9km/L.

Why do say it works on CVVT only? Please advice?

because it's only about 1 PSI (at least for the eRAM), it'll push in some more air when the valves are open longer during the time that CVVT is working nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif What's the CR on the Sirius 2.0L Engine ??? I heard that if you do CAI, your FC & pickup will be improved on the Sirius Engine wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Hi brother, I mail ordered eRAM about 5 years ago and installed it myself on my previous Opel Astra 1.4i, result, well, almost like nothing. I email them, and suggested that a serial compressor combination should double the charge pressure, and few weeks later, I saw the "super eRam" on their web site. Don't know it's coincident or they agreed with my suggestion.

Anyway, let's look at it technically, assuming everything perfect, eRAM claim 1psi boost pressure, 1psi should improve the power by (1/14.7) x 100% = 6.8%. Thing not being perfect, the most expect 80% out of 6.8% = 5.4% improvement. Almost S$1000 for 5.4% improvement, i.e. on a 1.6L car of about 100bhp, you get about 5.4bhp, I think it's far too expensive a price to pay.

I pay much less than that lah! bought second hand from a ESI owner when the MY dealer didn't know how to install the wiring & always blow the fuse sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

Anyone have any experience with ADM Aircharger? What's the Pro & Con? Your valuable comments pls...Thanks [thumbsup]

I have 3 friends install the ADM air charger,they say they not much diff.my friend selling his,anyone interested????

The latest ADM Aircharger is the 3rd Gen version. Was told that a few improvement was made specially the control box which controls the fan...there are also different location to fix the aircharger depending on the car's setup. ie: car's with MAP - fix near the throttle body but after filter. Cars with MAF - fix before the meter. This is what I was told... [nod]

it's good only for the very initial pickup bcos the flow rate provided by the electric fan is insignificant at higher RPM when the the suction pressure of the engine is much greater than the pressure differential created by the fan. in fact, some pp have commented that the fan may actually hinder air flow at high end

simple expt u can try yourself if u have done CAI. put your palm at the mouth of the CAI tube and get someone to rev the engine (at neutral or park gear please). the suction force is so much greater than wat the electric fan can generate. u can check out the strength of the electric fan at AutoDesigns which has a demo fan

IMHO, the fan works but the improvement is too exp. u will prob gain a few horses at the low end at the cost of $600+. further more, the fan will last only abt 2 to 3 yrs [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement