Tyre shops in AMK

Spoon

aiya, many workshops are "cheat eat" (hokkien) lah......

as a matter of fact, jobs like car maintenance and repair, needs experience to do a good job. if the mechanic has never come across a particular situation, he wont know what to do at all.

so, experienced mechanics are v important.

the best kind is those mechanics driving the same car as you..... sure no problem! he will know inside out of the car.

↡ Advertisement

Xtraun,

I agree to what you says and disagree with a few things you mentioned.

It is the fact that people only get to know about pxx xxxg when the name was posted practically everywhere in the internet. Which ever forum you name it (for local), you can find it.

But I have to disagree that it offers godd pricing.

As mentioned a few time already. I was quoted $60 for a simple job for swoping the tyres between two car....

When I go to some other workshop, I was only quoted $20 !!

Anke,

Am so surprise to know that the shop didn't change the nut for you which was deem as a must in other workshop.

Next time, you might want to do a search in the Resource folder. Shops that do not provide quality work and service are not posted in there.

OMG...u paid 60 bucks for that simple tyres swopping...already ka chai tao...

yes u r rite all or most workshops only charge 20 bucks...most i heard is 30 or maybe 40 bucks...

this is reason why i have never been to pxx xxxg.,...

Wow, I learnt something new today.

Never knew the lug nuts cud make so much difference.

I changed my rims a few times in the past & never had to change the nuts when changing rims.

I recently changed my nuts( Hahaha [laugh] ) but didn't change the rims. Didn't seem to make any difference.

Anyway the nuts were supposed to b rust resistant & only paid $10 for them. This was from my regular tire shop when I did my alignment with him recently.

He quoted me $20 at first but after some haggling, he let me have them for $10 only.

(I only changed them bcos I have all different shapes & sizes due to when my rim was stolen, I scavenged some from a friend).

Supercharged
(edited)

I paid $20 for rim swap and balancing at a tyre shop in Clementi West. Had emailed pxx xxxg for his quote for the same work and didn't even get a reply. Enuff said.

Edited by Kklim

Actually, I kenna ka chai tao there once when I need to replace one of my tyres.... thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

Personally: My rating in terms of price offered there. 1 out of 5.

Service: 1~2 out of 5 ...

(edited)

The design of the rims does play a part. but well, the mechanic insist, so what the heck...

I paid $525 for the 15" rims and tires after trading in my 13"....

Edited by Gadgeter

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Tried calling before, usually "hee" says will check but don't reply...same thing happened with friends. Will always say very busy forgot etc..Also, with regards to the discounts or the posts on the forum, sometimes when you go down they happen to be out of stock, and "hee" will introduce some other brands which may not necessarily be what you wanted in the first place. So I agree, "hee" is the most aggressive in terms of using the internet to his advantage and he does get lots of business,but that's about it. The incessant spams are becoming slightly irritating. But then again, this is my personal opinion only. Please feel free to disagree if you've had great service from the shop. :)

Edited by Evolve

Neutral Newbie

ya lor...cause hee's Hee-man and the Masters of the Tyres mah... Hee is damn heelarious with the constant hees in heeis postings. [laugh]

I paid $20 for rim swap and balancing at a tyre shop in Clementi West. Had emailed pxx xxxg for his quote for the same work and didn't evben get a reply. Enuff said.

cos it's a small job...couldnt be bothered

So, means that all tire nuts r different then or r there only 2 or 3 different types?

How do we classify the different types of nuts? ( I'm not refering to the size of the thread here).

How do we check which nuts fit which rims then?

This is really something new to me. [confused]