Tyre shops in AMK

Spoon

Neutral Newbie

hi guys...anyone got any recommendation of good and reliable tyre shops in AMK? 1st time changing my rubber...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Can recomend you to :

pxx xxxg BATTERY AND TYRE CO.

Blk 4002, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1

#01-04, Singapore 569623.

Tel : 6456-3344

Contact person is: Justin

Very good service & price.

Edited by Gbhfdl

[thumbsup] Yup, very good service. Justin always entertain your queries but the best part is that he is not pushy for you to buy stuff from him. Just need to let him know your requirements and budget.

Went there 1st time last night, many customers there.

Still manage to change to 15" rims & traded in my stock new 14". Good service & price [nod] !

Aunty very funny & nice.

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Can recomend you to :

Blk 4002, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1

#01-04, Singapore 569623.

Tel : 6456-3344

Contact person is: Justin

Very good service & price.

Their after sale service [thumbsdown] . I brought a 2nd hand rims from them and encounter problem after changing it and they just can't be bother to help me and keep asking me to go back to my service centre. I will not recommend this shop and suggest you try other shop if price is not your key factor and will not end up like me spending even more money to get the problem solved.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Anke,

Sorry to hear that you encounter problem on your 2nd hand rims. What kind of problem did you encountered? Was the problem rim & tyre related or something else which service centre can only assist.

Reason i recommend this shop is because they offer the highest price for my stock rim (others can not trade in or give very low price) & tyres and gave me the best price (i compared a lot of shops) for the NEW rim & tyre package. Also the shop try to cater for my convienient time as by the time i got there after work it was like closing time & Justin spent stay back to changed my rims & tyres.

If cost is not a factor then some other shop may offer better service if they are not busy (which I must admit pxx xxxg shop can be very busy sometime due to their good word of month & recommendation & repeat customers). Best is to call Justin & make an appointment.

Good luck & hope you solved your problem quickly.

Cheers

agreed! the service at PH is usually quite good but u may have to wait a bit bcos of the huge number of customers at times. best to speak to Justin personally to negotiate prices(though it's his dad's shop)

have changed abt 3 to 4 sets of rims and tyres there without a single prob and complaint. free tire rotation some more [thumbsup]

hi guys...anyone got any recommendation of good and reliable tyre shops in AMK? 1st time changing my rubber...

justin of course..pxx xxxg

Neutral Newbie

My car is a OPC Hyundai Accent and I have this problem of steering vibrating when i apply brake at high speed (70-90km) after changed the rims & Tyres from pxx xxxg. I went back to check with them and they do a tyre balancing for the tyre which i then discover they did not do it when i brought the rims from them and also didn't check the tyre pressure as later i discover the pressure was pump to 280 by the previous owner. I believe these are the things that a good tyre shop should do, right.

After doing the balancing, it did not solve the problem. So ended up senting my new car which was less than 2 weeks old back to komoco changi branch service centre to check and have my brake rotor replaced, brake pad replaced and left wheel hut assembly replaced and still cannot solve the problem. I even when to other tyre shop to check the balancing again, tried with another set of rims & tyres, do a high speed balancing and again still did not solve the problem.

As after doing so many things and yet unable to rectify the problem, i got no choice but to make an appointment with Komoco Main Service centre to sent my car in to check. While waiting for the appointment, i did my search for the problem in the internet and discover that wheel nuts comes in differ pattern and sizes. I then recall that pxx xxxg did not change the wheel nuts when i changed my rims. I then took out my wheel nuts to see and find it look rather small and there is only a small area having scratches marks on it. I then suspect that maybe the nuts are not holding the rims tight enough and causes vibration when i apply brake on it.

With this small hopeful discovery, i called pxx xxxg up to see can it be the possible cause the my problem. Guess what, they just tell me that all nuts are the same and insist that the problem is due to my brake system and keep asking me to sent back to my service centre. I then expalined to him that i already sent my car to service centre to check and have the brake rotor and pad changed and it did not solve the problem. But they still insist that it is due to the brake system and does not want to help me to check on the nuts.

Lan lan, i have to go other tyre shop to try changing the nuts. Tried one tyre shop and was also given the same answer and was very reluctantly to help me on it and quoted me $80 if i want to change the nuts. No choice, go to another tyre shop to try. Although they also think not due to the nuts but they are willing to change the nuts for me and only quoted me $30 for it. After changed the nuts, i test drived my car and bingo the steering does not vibrate anymore when i apply the brake when travelling at high speed.

Just because the nuts was not changed when i brought the rims, i ended up spending $60 for using 3 day coupon, $25 for doing high speed balancing, $20 to the other tyre shop that let me test with another set of rims & tyres, $30 for purchasing the new nuts and applying a few days leave to drive my car around to do the checking. With all these trouble that i experience, do you think i will ever recommend this tyre shop?

Anke,

thks for ur input on pxx xxxg. apparently pxx xxxg is popular esp justin posts in every single car forums. additionally his dad was the pioneer and offers good price for it rims and tyres.

other than that, i have not heard of superb services or such. hence it wasnt a surprise when pxx xxxg denies it.

truth is, ur small discovery in internet is better solution than so many tyre shops and service centre - this simply shows that the local technical skills still have a long way to go to be on par with other countries, even our neighbours possibly [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement