Flushing Auto Trans

No666

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I read from the Hyundai Club Forum that Khang's Auto Trans (KATC) is offering Flushing with Transmission Warranty. To let everyone knows.

Happy New Year and let us have a dry New Year w/o tsunami. Saishimi is fantastic but tsunami is devastating.

↡ Advertisement

Last I went to KATC about 2 months back. Got charged $50 for labour alone........

Then kena [smash] on their ATF. But since I was lazy to go get, just bought it from them at almost double the outside retail price. The charged me $12 per litre of mineral Castrol ATF when it can be bought at $6.50 per litre.

So my advise is bring your own ATF and just pay labour....... as it is, I find that the labour is already on the high side.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Brandon, I felt guilty having such statement when more than 55000 died. But it is really devastating as if God is punishing mankind. This is worse than 911.

Neutral Newbie

Hi I am not mechanically inclined. I dont mind paying as long as i am assure there is service and guarantee. I am running my own business, it is normal to mark up cos if not who will run biz then?

Labor costs in sin esp the govt dept & GIC are high they set the example. Big boys like the banks insurance company telcos GIC govt dept charge high fees nobody dare to complain just cos they are big strong but not friendly

Running a biz is obviously to make profits. But for that much markup???

If shops can sell at $6.50/litre for a profit, then $12 per litre for the same oil is way too excessive. And they buy bulk in drums which is even cheaper than 1 litrte bottles.

The amount of work done is not justified for even $50 when they just disconnected tubing and re-attach after replacing the ATF. They didn't even drop the pan to clean it. [thumbsdown] How professional can that be??? [gossip] I didn't want to bring this up as a fresh post... but since we're at it, this is my feedback.

Neutral Newbie

Hi [wave] , I may be wrong here, but part of the "labour" cost goes to covering up the cost of investing in that ATF flushing machine...... most workshops do not want to invest in such equipment and they only offer draining and re-filling of ATF.

Don't flush me if I'm wrong! [knife]

↡ Advertisement