Heel-toe setup

Exige

Hi guys,

have been searching around, and found lots of write up on how to do a heel-toe, but, how should I do the set-up for it?

Where is a good place to get the pedals at reasonable price, and how can I adjust the pedal height, etc?

Paisei me is newbie with zero experience at buying car parts... =P

↡ Advertisement

i suppose when u get thoes racing parts (pedals, u still need to find someone to help u install it. cost of pedals may be expensive and how weel it's been installed also a question. u can search thru website for suitable racing pedals and ask ur familiar workshops to recomend u someone who might hv done that be4. if u going for a indepth racing experience maybe u like to consider, racing clutch, lighten flywheel, lighten pulley etc...

Neutral Newbie

Bro what car are you driving? We usually don't need special setup to do heel toe. Most manual cars will have pedals that are well placed to do heel-toe, some better than others. So don't really have to spend money for special set up.

yo Pal,

I'm driving a Nissan Sunny. The pedals are close enough, but somehow, the height does not match.. =(

Brake pedal is much higher than accelerator, and accelerator is bit too small too. My heel cant really reach it.

Neutral Newbie

Chase ... where have u been manz brudder ??

Last time I saw you at East Coast BBQ in 2002 I think ... u still studying or have started practise ??

Neutral Newbie

Bro ... you may need an extension for the accelerator as would not recommend you bringing down the brake pedal to match the accelerator. nod.gif

What you can also do it to get your pedals adjusted to level up with your brake pedal ... try Tan Chong mechanics and see what they say. You get NISMO trained mechanics lagi better thumbsup.gif

I got mine adjusted at Mazda Motors ... unimpressed.gif in secrecy unimpressed.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hmm, I know what you mean. Honestly I have not tried heel-toe on a sunny before. The brake pedal being higher is good. Try this: when you place your foot in the middle of the brake and accelerator pedals, can you foot touch both? If affirmative, then your car is prep for heel-toe. You don't really have to place your foot at a 45 degree angle over the two pedals.

Having said all that, it does help if you have a wider accelerator pedal. I used to use the sparco ones that were drilled onto my City pedals. They served me well. See if you can get those. wink.gif

Neutral Newbie

Yo bro! yeah that was really a long time back! Was studying then but now 'upgraded' to cubicle mouse already!laugh.giflaugh.gif

Have been popping in here now and then though. I know you've changed your ride! sly.gif

Neutral Newbie

I changed many things

1st : My Nick

From Mr Boobs to Hitman

2nd : My Ride

From Peugeot to Mazda

Come meetup lah ... thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

Try this: when you place your foot in the middle of the brake and accelerator pedals, can you foot touch both? If affirmative, then your car is prep for heel-toe. You don't really have to place your foot at a 45 degree angle over the two pedals.

So correct thumbsup.gif

I am so impressed thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Bro ... you may need an extension for the accelerator as would not recommend you bringing down the brake pedal to match the accelerator. nod.gif

What you can also do it to get your pedals adjusted to level up with your brake pedal ... try Tan Chong mechanics and see what they say. You get NISMO trained mechanics lagi better thumbsup.gif

I got mine adjusted at Mazda Motors ... unimpressed.gif in secrecy unimpressed.gif

hmmm.... how come has to be done in secrecy...? hmm....

Neutral Newbie
hehe clearing leave at end of the year mah, so surf time go up lah

how's your new place man?

u come see for yourself lah....thumbsup.gif friday night we having a meetup there...nod.gif