How to apply Meguairs Scratch-X

Cyberkiller

Hi,

How should I apply the Meguairs Scratch-X? Any particular way of applying? How long should I wait to buff off the layer? [dizzy]

I bought this product to remove swirl marks on my black color ride, dunno useful or not.

Pls advise. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

I tried applying the ScratchX this evening. The swirl marks still quite visible leh. I wash car then claybar before applying. Is this correct? Should I apply it in circular motion or....??? Pls help.

Neutral Newbie

apply those filler type polish instead of abrasive type polish.

abrasive polish works by removing a thin surface layer, thereby removing the swirl marks. you would need to have some skill and best polish with rotary/dual action obitary polisher.

like it or not, there will be new swirl marks after every wash. do you intend to remove a thin layer from your painwork every time you have swirl marks? how many layers can you remove?

filler type polish is easier for DIY purpose, ease for hand polish too. it wont "remove" swirl marks but can mask them up nicely thumbsup.gif until such day when swirl marks are simply too much to mask... go for respray nod.gif

Neutral Newbie

havent try scratch x before but, if i have not mistaken, it is a abrasive polish type. may be other bros here want to clarify.

autoglym's resin polish and paint renovator confirmed abrasive type.

turtlewax has a swirl remover (green bottle) that is filler type.

you can always read the product description. if it says contains "micro fillers" or something like that, it is the filler type.

Edited by Tien
↡ Advertisement