Toyota Avanza

Spider

Neutral Newbie

http://www.avanza.com.my/

cheap...only RM58K. look like Kia carens...1.3L seven seater !

if this car import to singapore, i think have the market with that "toyota" badge though it's is made in M'sia or indonesian, it can outsell Carens any time even selling at S$70K.

i think "Toyota" and "Honda" name already breakthru the singaporean brand goers mindset regardless the country of origin, look at the number of Vios and City on the road. 'Well done' the rising sun....just like Sony (look at their big plant in M'sia)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

[cool]

If it's full of 7 adult in the car, then the 1.3L will crawl [sweatdrop]

I must say, it's probably under power [bigcry]

A 1.6L to 1.8L should be better But the price will be Higher

The Sienta is much better than the Avanza. PIs bring it in. Auto door and so many good stuff. Powered by the same 1.5L engine that goes into the 1.5L G9 Corollas. Very well thought out design. Can buy for 70k if you get a no-frills version.

If it's full of 7 adult in the car, then the 1.3L will crawl

Yeah, I second that. A fully loaded normal 1.6L 4-seater sedan will have problems in some shopping center carpark's slope liao. For this car, people must be evacuated and walk up the slope themselves!! [laugh]

Don't think the Sienta is the same engine as the G9.

Its a vvt-i BEAM version of the engine. Thinks it is about 111bhp against the 1.5 G9 105bhp.

Correct me if I am wrong

Neutral Newbie

Or don't makan or shopping @ places with steep slope then don't need to walk [laugh][laugh]

But i must say a 7 seater is good a transportor a decent size family from pt A to B [thumbsup]

cheap...only RM58K.

RM58K in Malaysia is Hyundai Accent territory. If we use Malaysian pricing as a rule of thumb, the Avanza shouldn't be priced more than S$60K in Singapore.

On the flipside, would anyone want a shortly-geared car that cruises at a high 3500 RPM? The car's gonna be a fuel-guzzler, in the same mould as a Perodua Kembara.

cheap...only RM58K.

RM58K in Malaysia is Hyundai Accent territory. If we use Malaysian pricing as a rule of thumb, the Avanza shouldn't be priced more than S$60K in Singapore.

On the flipside, would anyone want a shortly-geared car that cruises at a high 3500 RPM? The car's gonna be a fuel-guzzler, in the same mould as a Perodua Kembara.

3500 Rpm at what speed?

I saw a Singapore registered one last weekend. When did this car creep into our island?

Few months ago. But after the launched here i have yet see one on the road.

Yesterday ST had a test drive. As report, made and drive like a car made in the 80s.

But the price is not 80's level. [laugh]

For about the same price, you can get a Renault Grand Scenic this weekend.

↡ Advertisement