Ignition wires question

Genie47

OK I'm considering going into ultra DIY territory here.

Been to eBay and seen lots of universal fit ignition (spark plug) wires that are going as low as USD22. These are not your average 7mm ones. They are 8mm spiral wound Kevlar stuff.

Just need to know if it is easy to cut and crimp these wires to fit my exisiting setup? Will there be any difficulties for lets say the spark plug boot end of my car is 90 degrees.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Unless you have to proper tools .... it will be difficult to fix the end connectors ... I thought of doing the same buying Magnecor cables and DIY myself ... drop the idea as it will cost alot to fix the ends.

By the way, if you give Magnecor your car model, they will be able to send to you the wire with connectors ... it should be about US$100 total. Try their website : http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

Neutral Newbie

Just came back this morning nod.gif

The jam starts after and out of camera view ... but today not as bad as last Monday shakehead.gif

After Customs ... clear all the way to Boot check area thumbsup.gif

The cost of air parcel post for 1kg from US to Singapore will be around USD22.00 Delviery lead time is about 14 days.

You will need special crimping tool to get the job done properly. Kevlar - very expensive stuff - you will need them if you are running your engine at lead burnt or doing street racing.

Neutral Newbie

why crimp when you can solder ?

you should consider using good plug boots for proper insulation. Else you can use RTV for insulation, but you'd need a 24 hr cure time and lot's of it.

Anyway, for those who drive Matrix 1.6 GLS (or same engine) and who are interested in Magnecor KV85 cables (terminated by Magnecor Australia), I have a few sets to dispose at S$150 per set. Sorry, I only have cables for Matrix 1.6 and not otherwise cos I'm driving a Matrix 1.6 GLS.

Edited by Kilomatrix
↡ Advertisement