Bigpicture

Help needed....

Very confused here on which tyre to get, which is better in;

1) Noise level ??

2) Aquaplaning handling??

Size is 205/55 R16

Pirelli Dragon or Michelin Preceda ???

↡ Advertisement

i'm using dunlop 9000 205/55R16 on my nissan sunny. its rather noisy, but runs v well on wet weather.

---------------------------------

Yes, I've heard that 9000 is very noisy. Preceda should be more silent thou. Not too sure about Dragon. That's why checking to see if there are any user of Dragon out there that can comment.... on the noise.

Cheers,

Neutral Newbie

curious.. what's the price of the Dragon in your spec?

The Dragon is actually very new... I think Assassin is on it now.. but still new so hard to gauge noise level right?

Hi BigPicture,

Welcome to MCF ! Do enjoy your time here and come along for our weekly Friday evening meetups ! More details in the MEETUPS folder. nod.gif

For other automotive and contacts info, do check out the RESOURCES folder and the TIPS & TECHNICAL RESOURCES folder.

You might also want to take a look at our FORUM GUIDELINES in MCF here.

The Official Tyre Review thread in the RESOURCES on the Dragon tyre is here. Pictures of the tyres are included in each of the tyre reviews.

I'm on 205/50ZR16W right now @ S$195 each. Not sure what price you were quoted for the size you are looking for.

No problems with aquaplaning so far @ 80-90km/h.

Noise wise, it is subjective, and some people might find it a bit noisy over certain parts of the expressways.

I have tried the Precedas but on 225/45/17 sizing, the walls seem to be stiffer, but can tramline sometimes. Noise wise, about the same.

Best to go to a tyre shop and feel the side walls for these 2 tyres of the same size. nod.gif

Hope this helps.

Cheers tongue.gif

Edited by Assassin

Since these are not hardcore performance tyres, I'll go with the one that looks the best and quieter of the two.

------------------------------

Yes, will definitely choose the quieter one.... [;)]

curious.. what's the price of the Dragon in your spec?

The Dragon is actually very new... I think Assassin is on it now.. but still new so hard to gauge noise level right?

Around S$160 for 205/55 R16 ....

Thanks for the welcome note.... [:)]

The reason I was considering Dragon as compared to Preceda is the price (both are around $160 each) with the Dragon is having a higher spec/speed rating compared to Preceda. [:p]

My head says Preceda... and my heart says Dragon.. hahaha.. [:p]

Anyway HEAD wins ... got 4 new Preceda over the weekend, now enjoying the new tyres. Satisfied with it so far. Much more quieter and softer compared to the Pirelli P6000 that I was using previously. [thumbsup]

Cheers,

[nod]

Hi BigPicture,

Glad that youre enjoying the Precedas. wink.gif Good price you got too. tongue.gif

The next tyre I want to try out would be the Goodyear F1 GSD3. tongue.gif

Do post your review in the Official Tyres Review thread in the Resources folder also if you can. nod.gif

Cheers tongue.gif

I see. You can compare between the Michelin Preceda, Pirelli Dragon and the Goodyear F1 GSD3 lor. nod.gif

Why do you think I'm on new 16" tyres leh ? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by Assassin
↡ Advertisement