Xenon Lights

Turbobrick

Neutral Newbie

It's fine in spore yes, but i'm Johor and when i do go up to kl to see my granny, i normally travel at night.

Leather seats in S60 are standard, i was told.

If anyone managed to fix a bi-xenon unit to an existing s60, pls show off here!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Thrawn, welcome to MCF! [sunny]

Congrats on your S60 purchase [thumbsup]

Bi-xenon is still not available readily in the aftermarket, so if you upgrade the stock headlamps to Xenon only your low beam will be xenon. We have had two brick bros upgrade to aftermarket Xenon (850 and S70), both ran fine and the light throw is fantastic! The beam pattern may not be the best (due to the lens) but with a couple of adjustments it can be angled so that it doesn't glare oncoming traffic.

Hooking up is pretty straightforward, a HID kit will come with the necessary harness, ballast and the Xenon bulbs. The ballast hooks up to the stock headlamp cables and it runs on 35W only, lesser than the stock 55W on Halogen bulbs so you'll have no worries of frying the car's stock harness.

Let me know if you want to consider aftermarket Xenon kit, I can hook u up a set. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

List price is about $600 but I'm sure I can at least manage a $550, it's a Korean brand using OEM Hella Ballast (though not labelled Hella).

If you're interested I'll check for you, do let me know the type of bulb your car uses (H1, H7, etc.)

Neutral Newbie

Hey thanks Turbobrick, as tempting as it is, i think i'd wait until after my warranty lapses which would prob be just after 2 years.

In the meantime, let's wait for another s60 to try first he he...

I haven't even received the car yet. It's still at the port, i think. No wonder during lunch at tg pagar today i sort of heard something calling me from the port area!!

Last price i heard from changi road selling 399 for a set from korea. Philips cost 699.. Think Costlier is more worth. Bought 1 frm a friend turns out my left eye spolit after months. Now still dunno whats the prob. Best thing, Hella say they never cover OEM conversion kit,.Stuck with an eye now

Neutral Newbie

[reply]

Last price i heard from changi road selling 399 for a set from korea. Philips cost 699.. Think Costlier is more worth. Bought 1 frm a friend turns out my left eye spolit after months. Now still dunno whats the prob. Best thing, Hella say they never cover OEM conversion kit,.Stuck with an eye now

Hi Joenvivien,

This thread > 2.5 yrs old tongue.gifcool.gif

Anyway, Hella should have the conversion set thumbsup.gif

I gotta mine from US eBay, if u need the dealer, give me a PM

Cheerssunny.gif

Bi-Xenon Headlamps for S60 soon [cool]

Sorry... your post quite long ago...

Current S60 model already can fix Bi-Xenon headlamps easily.

Edited by Ncss