Which best double sided tape for cars?

Lightspeed

Which is the strongest most sticky double sided tape that you've used for your vehicle?

Noticed that those that come with window visors or eyelids and accessories are really strong.

Haven't been able to find similar stickiness so far though. Any recommendations?

So far using a thin green one and a thick red one by 3m ...but no go [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

3M tape is very very short and expensive. Go to a car workshop and buy a large roll from them. Shouldn't cost more than $10. The 3M one will already cost around $4 to $5 and it's a tiny roll only. I got one from my workshop and I use it to mount just about anything under the sun in the car.

It's very strong, but yet easy to remove if I really want to. I use to secure my Defi controller and Apexi timer. Very good stuff. I still have some left over, can lend you if you want.

The 3M one doesn't work very well. Forget that one.

Lai Huat (Meng Kee) - Look for Ah Yong and just tell him that you'd like to get a roll of double-sided tape from him. Most workshops use the same kind of rubber double-sided tape. Don't get those foam stuff that will never come off. I like the rubber ones - very strong, yet easy to remove if required.

Neutral Newbie

ya...talking about sticking to vinyl surface, I have tried everything under 3M and the green double sided tape and my neon light still could not stick to the car interior of the trunk. Any1 can help?

Lai Huat (Meng Kee) Motor Pte Ltd

Address : Blk 21 Sin Ming Ind Est Sec A #01-58 Singapore 575679

Telephone : 6453 8110

Fax : 6459 6267

Look for Jason (son of the owner, very nice chap) or Ah Yong (the mechanic who took very good care of my car)... just mentioned Colin, the black TRD Vios to him... thumbsup.gif

It sticks to just about anything very nicely and very cleanly too... a bit similar to the stuff they use to attach the IU to the windscreen... not as strong as that (that one totally cannot come out)... but it's really good stuff nod.gif

Neutral Newbie

ok.... i tried the 3M one and its very very strong. u stick some reflective stuff on the bumper and it couldnt come off when i wanna remove.

imagine, i used a screw driver and it broke the damn thing. after everything, it came off leaving behind the foamy residue. guess wat, after removeing the residue, the screw driver scratched the paint a little bit. [sweatdrop]

but i muz say that the tape is the one provided by the accessory. its stuck on the back of the reflective surface when i bought it. but den it stats 3M.

Neutral Newbie

u can get the 3m at any hardware shops. but like chromas side, its expensive for a small roll of it.

↡ Advertisement