Recommendation of wheel alignment workshop

Bfmstg

Neutral Newbie

JC Wheel Dynamic Pte Ltd located at 48 Toh Guan Rd

Enterprise Hub #02-109 S(608586).

Point of contact- ah siong 84025982

Verli detailed chap, try till he feel it's up to standard b4 passing it to u

Hi bro, any estimate price range? Digital alignment or manual?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Today just did front wheel alignment at east area. $30. Was told to install chamber nut/bolt : total $130. So far so good.

Is this chamber nut thing a common or only solution for wheel alignment that is out? Car is just a Toyota :-)

Anyone did the same thing before? Price like...

Edited by Digthis1

Today just did front wheel alignment at east area. $30. Was told to install chamber nut/bolt : total $130. So far so good.

Is this chamber nut thing a common or only solution for wheel alignment that is out? Car is just a Toyota :-)

The front wheel alignment you did, i believe is to align the toe in/out.

Camber adjustment is like when you look at your car in the front and notice the wheels are like going to do a banana split [laugh] , [laugh] , [laugh] . Ya, stock nuts i know usually cannot adjust. It's wise to have the camber adjusted to the car's specs, a few degrees off the vertical. otherwise tyre makan inside or outside.

Just thinking

Most of the Asian economic cars have Machperson strut that means the camber angle is fix. Adjusting the toe angle is one possible alternative solution,using cam offset bolt is another method. For serious camber angle out of range, the only way is to pull or push the damage undercarriage with hydraulic powered tool/ bench.

$30 is CHEAP leh. Care to share where ?

Side slip to either right or left is due to the wheel lateral pulling forces as it rolls forwards. The cause are mainly due to uneven tyre wear , difference in air pressure or of different pattern, excess camber setting, excess setting of toe angle and wheel bearing conditions.

If the camber setting is Ok, generally slight adjustment on the toe angle setting will solve the problem.

I understand your explanation, but what I don't understand is after 4 wheel alignment

and yet finally adjust side slip. So in this context will it be a waste of alignment ?

(edited)

You can set the wheel angle with a computerised wheel aligner and all the adjusting is done with the wheel in static position without taking all the other factors that I have mentioned. Side slip testing is done with the the vehicle in motion and the side slip tester is design to take the tyre lateral force movement in correlation to a distance of 1km .

Up to date ( car testing/inspection started in 1982 in Singapore) many of our shops still could not properly explain to customers the purpose of testing side slip and the readings.

The Jap call such test side slip , in US and Europe they are refer to as tyre scuffing & wheel tracking

Edited by Yeobh

4 wheel alignment is just a computer scan of your 4 wheel reading by the shop/ machine.

alot of ppl have alot of misunderstanding about it.

example my friend A say he done his car a nissian latio 4 wheel alignment for 80 sgd.

i tell him its expensive. because while he can scan all 4 wheel, a normal stock nissian latio can only ajust 2 thing,( front toes x2)

which i assume for 80 sgd the shop only ajust that 2 item, cos any other ajustment would cos hundred of sgd.

my friend B ajust his lancer glx cs2a for same 80 sgd.

then i tell him it might be very reasonable must see what the shop ajust for him, if best take a printout.

WHY , because a normal stock lancer glx can ajust 6 item with its stock .

rear 2 camber x 2 ,

rear toes x2 ,

front toes x2.

(edited)

For most Jap and Asian and even some European economical cars, most of them comes with rear dead axle ( no adjustment provided) and the front drive comes with MacPherson strut and fix camber angle ( no adjustment provided). So with such cars , the only adjustment is the front wheel toe angle.

Using a 4 wheel computerised aligner is 100% over kill.

Edited by Yeobh

This "must change camber bolt" is the latest con job from those alignment shops. Extra revenue from them. BTW I do 4 wheel computerised alignment in JB only RM35 compared to doing here for S$60. [shocked]

And dun worry about the JB workmanship. I tried n its just as good as Spore. [nod]

The front wheel alignment you did, i believe is to align the toe in/out.

Camber adjustment is like when you look at your car in the front and notice the wheels are like going to do a banana split [laugh] , [laugh] , [laugh] . Ya, stock nuts i know usually cannot adjust. It's wise to have the camber adjusted to the car's specs, a few degrees off the vertical. otherwise tyre makan inside or outside.

Just thinking

All cars the front n some the rear can adjust with the original bolts. Some car models the rear r fixed n cannot adjust.

Camber n toe-in/toe-out can adjust. Only castor usually cannot adjust.

Now many alignment shops using this "change camber bolt" as their new con job to cheat customers.

$30 is CHEAP leh. Care to share where ?

The adjustment he dun make much but he make on the camber bolt lah. Hahaha.

Marketing stratergy. [idea]

(edited)

By using a simple bubble camber gauge, mech can very quickly check the camber setting angle before doing a toe angle adjustments. Once the toe angle is set to reduce side slip forces, the next test is to drive over a side slip tester.

post-272-1373940689_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement