Recommendation of wheel alignment workshop

Bfmstg

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

the first place u went i guess never test your car after the ajustment is done??

The first alightment shop i went is People auto , after alightment done i drove back ,the steer to left is quite bad. Need to tilt abit to right to keep car straight. Then i proceed to kenny alightment. There is improvement but still abit tilt to the right to keep it straight , well i can accept it. The next day wheel bearing give way....send to for repair and workshop send to stamdford for alightment . Car was straight but somehow the feeling like a bit fake.... haha. Then i went to Kenny. Kenny told me the camber reading was out alot. 1 side 30deg and 1 side 50deg.... . So he adjust both side same. He test drive hand over the car to me say all ok . i drove back haha this time steer to left quite bad also got to tilt my steering wheel to right to keep straight. Yesterday I went to people auto . The boss say camber reading is within the spec. They do a bit adjustment not much . Then drove out to test . Hand over back to me say everything ok. I drove back swee swee leh... 

So now i also duno is tire problem or my car problem or I got problem .... haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Beregond said:

u need to be specific as in veer left mean what.

If u hold your steering wheel straight on a straight road.  but your car is not going straight, this type of issue , alignment can fix. your steering wheel is slanted only.

If u are on a straight even and flat road. U go straight and your steering wheel is straight , but if u let go the steering wheel, the car cannot go straight, there is a pulling force , pulling your car to left or right, Then in this case an alignment mostly cannot fix.

most road on sg after a few hundred meters the car will slowly pull left

If u have done everything, and assume there is nothing wrong with your car, but keep pulling 1 side, i advice, u to do a simple test, go to your tyre shop, swap your front tyre left to right and see how first. 

one of the worst scenario is those "dog tracking" misalignment. 
usual can seen on buses in Malaysia NSHW.. but scariest was when i saw a Malaysian Camry of dog tracking misalignment that travel high speed.. From behind can see how unstable the car is !!! 

may be he try some straight line high speed drifting !! 🤣

41 minutes ago, Chogokin said:

The first alightment shop i went is People auto , after alightment done i drove back ,the steer to left is quite bad. Need to tilt abit to right to keep car straight. Then i proceed to kenny alightment. There is improvement but still abit tilt to the right to keep it straight , well i can accept it. The next day wheel bearing give way....send to for repair and workshop send to stamdford for alightment . Car was straight but somehow the feeling like a bit fake.... haha. Then i went to Kenny. Kenny told me the camber reading was out alot. 1 side 30deg and 1 side 50deg.... . So he adjust both side same. He test drive hand over the car to me say all ok . i drove back haha this time steer to left quite bad also got to tilt my steering wheel to right to keep straight. Yesterday I went to people auto . The boss say camber reading is within the spec. They do a bit adjustment not much . Then drove out to test . Hand over back to me say everything ok. I drove back swee swee leh... 

What car u driving.? Your car got camber kit? Or u using after market suspension that can ajust camber.

Easily 95% of car on the road front camber cannot  be ajust without modification 

Your case steering wheel not straight is because  they didn't  secure or hold the steering wheel straight when they ajust your toes in /out.

Anw good that u finally  got it done.

I know its very irritating to drive when u keep see the steering wheel  titled 1 side😅

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Beregond said:

What car u driving.? Your car got camber kit? Or u using after market suspension that can ajust camber.

Easily 95% of car on the road front camber cannot  be ajust without modification 

Your case steering wheel not straight is because  they didn't  secure or hold the steering wheel straight when they ajust your toes in /out.

I know its very irritating to drive when u keep see the steering wheel  titled 1 side😅

kenny probably adjusted via the free play on the stock bolts. very very small adjustments can be made.loosen the bolts a little with the weight on the car and jiggle a bit.  probably enough.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

kenny probably adjusted via the free play on the stock bolts. very very small adjustments can be made.loosen the bolts a little with the weight on the car and jiggle a bit.  probably enough.

That 1 ajust like no ajust loh.

I dun want to judge. I know this kenny alignment. 

But to me . 1 side 0.5 another side 0.3 is perfectly ok and reasonable.  Even  new car from factory cannot be perfect.

If some ws ask me to ajust camber for this. I take it as he is trying to scram me.

( that is my personal judgement)

Maybe ts car got camber kit and his reading is really  out alot

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Beregond said:

That 1 ajust like no ajust loh.

I dun want to judge. I know this kenny alignment

But to me . 1 side 0.5 another side 0.3 is perfectly ok and reasonable.  Even  new car from factory cannot be perfect.

If some ws ask me to ajust camber for this. I take it as he is trying to scram me.

( that is my personal judgement)

Maybe ts car got camber kit and his reading is really  out alot

Some people ngeow. I know cause I got him to jiggle like this for me before. 🤣. Got that wee bit of more camber on one side to match. Happy can Liao! 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Beregond said:

Stock Altis. No lower or with camber kits. According to Kenny Altis have some free play on the camber... I not sure thou.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Chogokin said:

Stock Altis. No lower or with camber kits. According to Kenny Altis have some free play on the camber... I not sure thou.

very strict technically  speaking, got. but its super small ajustment

imagine u put a bolt through the absorber hole and u move the bolt up and down or side way. there is a very small gap of free play , like 1mm+?? how much camber can u ajust from that?

from your this post ' Need to tilt abit to right to keep car straight.' almost can confirm plus chop your issue is the toe problem only. nothing to do with camber. 

but like i say we cannot be pro in every area. u got your problem fix already, dun be too anal about it and enjoy your ride😊

6 hours ago, Beregond said:

Correct. Most of the cars can only adjust the toe angle. Unless you have camber kit or plate installed, if the guy say can adjust camber is probably bs because whatever jiggle and wiggle adjustment will be gone once the bolts are tighten. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Chogokin said:

Wah so many shops did your alignment. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Beregond said:

very strict technically  speaking, got. but its super small ajustment

imagine u put a bolt through the absorber hole and u move the bolt up and down or side way. there is a very small gap of free play , like 1mm+?? how much camber can u ajust from that?

from your this post ' Need to tilt abit to right to keep car straight.' almost can confirm plus chop your issue is the toe problem only. nothing to do with camber

but like i say we cannot be pro in every area. u got your problem fix already, dun be too anal about it and enjoy your ride😊

Toe is refering to the Tie Rod of the steering right ? 

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Correct. Most of the cars can only adjust the toe angle. Unless you have camber kit or plate installed, if the guy say can adjust camber is probably bs because whatever jiggle and wiggle adjustment will be gone once the bolts are tighten. 

I saw kenny use a air wrench to do the left side... maybe to further tight the bolt ? 

4 minutes ago, Chogokin said:

Toe is refering to the Tie Rod of the steering right ? 

ya toes is ajust at the tie rod. its link to the steering.

u need to secure the steering straight before u ajust the toes straight. if not your steering will become slanted 1 side  when your car is going straight.

( there are some cases with old car its very hard to get it right the first time, their chassis is loose, for example the lower arm ball joint etc etc )

those cases need the mech to drive the car  himself and fine tune it. 

14 minutes ago, Chogokin said:

I saw kenny use a air wrench to do the left side... maybe to further tight the bolt ? 

if he is using air wrench mean he is ajusting  your camber.

he need to loosen the bolt on your absorber. ajust it abit and tighten back. 

On 9/28/2021 at 8:40 AM, Kb27 said:

Even new tyres are imperfect. If you've use the tyres, unlikely they will give you warranty. The last time I buy from a workshop, they told me to swap tyre position, then it don't pull to one side. But I don't know if it's true. Since it worked, I carry on using tyres until it's flat.

i did heard about this and it worked , reason ? could be the tires wear differently. 

@Kb27 

which product manufacturers warranty covers wear and Tear?

product warranty are usually cover against Manufactured defects, example if i bought New LED TV with 1 year warrant , after 11 month i purposely break the screen can i claim against warranty ? 

A manufacturers or Retailer / distributors provide warranty is considered Responsible Company , unlike some sellers sold their products with warranty and 1 day you need this seller for Warranty claim ( claimable or not claimable) they will tell you please contact local Agent or Brand manufacturer rep office, to me this is not an Ethical business practice or at least he should help you to bring the issue to the Party who can provide more information about the Produce issued 

@Beregond I did saw them secure the steering wheel when doing the adjustment. But what about they bring 2 spanner when drive out to test drive? Mean they will abit of fine adjustment on the road without secure the steering wheel? 

Yesyerday kana 2 pot holes at the same spot. Steering like out abit again. Went to Peoples Auto again. After the computer alightment test, they drove out to test. After that hand over to me say ok liao. I drove back on highway abit pull to left so steering wheel need to tilt to the right alittle bit to get it straight. Do a U-turn go back to them. They test drive and then do a manual adjustment with 2 spanner without using computer alightment. I reckon should be ok right.  

Edited by Chogokin
  • Praise 1

Just now, Chogokin said:

@Beregond I did saw them secure the steering wheel when doing the adjustment. But what about they bring 2 spanner when drive out to test drive? Mean they will abit of fine adjustment on the road without secure the steering wheel? 

if they bring 2 spanner go out test drive, mean they making sure your steering wheel is straight ( which is good, very few ws willing to do that )

the big spanner is to loosen and tighten , the smaller spanner is to ajust.

( straight got 2 meaning , what i mean by straight is, when your car is going straight on a straight road, your steering wheel is straight or flush)

another straight which alot of driver ask for is car is going straight on a straight road, steering wheel is straight plus let go of steering wheel, car still can go straight)            

why they need to fine tune for first example i quote? some time car got accident before, the chassis is loose etc etc when they set the steering wheel on the machine , your car body is loose. but when u drive , the chassis tighten and in some cases will cause  the steering wheel to be slanted

the 2nd example i quote, no matter how the mech try to ajust your toe in and toe out, its not going to help. there are many factor that cause a pulling effect of the car to left or right. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1