Recommendation of wheel alignment workshop

Bfmstg

@Yeobh sorry to hijack this long msg

public road are constructed slight declined towards side, is the purpose of water drainage to prevent water ponding which can lead to Aqua planning.

so is quite normall to some car to veer lightly to left side for instance in Singapore .

correct me if i am wrong   just sharing only   

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Over 10 years of owning my car, I had done wheel alignment at a few places.

- Alignment on one of the JB Petrol stations

- Kenny Alignment

- Yew Tee Alignment

- Alignment shop on lvl 5 AutoCity

I noticed that none of them do the Rolling Runout Compensation on each wheel before the initial reading of the car's alignment.

Do your know of any alignment shops that does the Rolling Runout Compensation on each wheel of every car prior to taking the initial alignment reading?

If yes, please share which shop does that.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Joajas said:

Do your know of any alignment shops that does the Rolling Runout Compensation on each wheel of every car prior to taking the initial alignment reading?

If yes, please share which shop does that.

very chim what u  mean?

normally they roll the car back and front, that is enough to get the camber and toes for front and rear already .

some go 1 step further, they turn the steering left and right, that will record the caster reading for front. 

so far no machine i heard of is capable of getting rear caster reading

( i had to add on, all the machine only give the reading. the ajustment is done by mech manually ) u can have the best machine but if the mech cannot ajust properly, its useless.)

when they ajust the toes they need to set the steering straight, if not after ajustment the steering will be slanted to 1 side. this is 1 example.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

Last week I change to Potentza Sport , car start to veer to the left so got to keep my steering wheel abit right to keep the car going striaght. No issue when using RE004 last year. Went to Kenny , a slight improvement. Few days later front bearing gone start to have sound, get it replaced. Then back to Kenny to do alightment again. Now it is seem quite jialat... veer even more to the left....   

Change tyres only should not require alignment, so it's strange if you did not change anything else.

I got my steering rack replaced by AD recently and the steering wheel became slanted to the right, with slight pull to left. Even though AD said they did the alignment, and can go back to them if not satisfied after driving some time, I decided not to waste time and went to AK.

Astonished at the initial alignment readings. Now steering feels back to normal. Steering wheel is still not as straight as I want though, not sure if it's got to do with our road surface.

20210915_113412.jpg

Edited by badlammy
Typi
  • Praise 1

@badlammy AD bo chap ah? so far toe out also can say alignment is done. regardless of the alignment machine, such obvious toe out, even old fashion sideslip plates on the floor can catch la. hopeless AD.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Chogokin said:

Last week I change to Potentza Sport , car start to veer to the left so got to keep my steering wheel abit right to keep the car going striaght. No issue when using RE004 last year. Went to Kenny , a slight improvement. Few days later front bearing gone start to have sound, get it replaced. Then back to Kenny to do alightment again. Now it is seem quite jialat... veer even more to the left....   

u need to be specific as in veer left mean what.

If u hold your steering wheel straight on a straight road.  but your car is not going straight, this type of issue , alignment can fix. your steering wheel is slanted only.

If u are on a straight even and flat road. U go straight and your steering wheel is straight , but if u let go the steering wheel, the car cannot go straight, there is a pulling force , pulling your car to left or right, Then in this case an alignment mostly cannot fix.

most road on sg after a few hundred meters the car will slowly pull left

If u have done everything, and assume there is nothing wrong with your car, but keep pulling 1 side, i advice, u to do a simple test, go to your tyre shop, swap your front tyre left to right and see how first. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Chogokin said:

sometimes, it's the problem with the tyres, even when they are new.

the solution is to shift position, from front to back.

• Praise 1

@Kb27 

Jus now I went to People Auto again to do alightment again. Now seem swee swee liao... . Duno why Kenny do last wednesday the steering must abit right in order for the car to go straight. Ya i do heard new tire like conti Made in Malaysia got this issue. 

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, Kb27 said:

sometimes, it's the problem with the tyres, even when they are new.

the solution is to shift position, from front to back.

If tire is new cant get replacement or sort of warranty claim ?

14 minutes ago, Chogokin said:

If tire is new cant get replacement or sort of warranty claim ?

Even new tyres are imperfect. If you've use the tyres, unlikely they will give you warranty. The last time I buy from a workshop, they told me to swap tyre position, then it don't pull to one side. But I don't know if it's true. Since it worked, I carry on using tyres until it's flat.

22 hours ago, Beregond said:

If u have done everything, and assume there is nothing wrong with your car, but keep pulling 1 side, i advice, u to do a simple test, go to your tyre shop, swap your front tyre left to right and see how first. 

i miss out doing this test...shit... but now seem ok.

Just now, Chogokin said:

i miss out doing this test...shit... but now seem ok.

dun need to try already .

from what u mention. obviously the issue is steering wheel slanted.

any proper alignment shop should fix it.

the first place u went i guess never test your car after the ajustment is done??

6 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Even new tyres are imperfect. If you've use the tyres, unlikely they will give you warranty. The last time I buy from a workshop, they told me to swap tyre position, then it don't pull to one side. But I don't know if it's true. Since it worked, I carry on using tyres until it's flat.

Bridgestone is 5 years warranty , but cfm they will say is alightment problem this problem that problem....

Just now, Chogokin said:

Bridgestone is 5 years warranty , but cfm they will say is alightment problem this problem that problem....

You must read the fine print, warranty against what ?

Most of these warranty are bs. If you get a puncture, you think that's warranty ?

↡ Advertisement