Tired foot!

Huggable

My Kia Sephia (M) does not have a foot rest. Recently I went to see the new Spectra, and shocked to see that the auto model also does not have one! Anybody knows of any after-market footrest that I can use?

Thanks and have a happy new year!

[crazy]

2MGF.jpg

Edited by Huggable
↡ Advertisement

Try getting an aftermarket one from Korean/Taiwan or Momo/Sparco footrest.

Can check at Concorde Auto (Basement 1 of Golden Wall Centre), Autobacs or Yew Eng in Waterloo Centre.

Neutral Newbie

Before you consider hunting for an aftermarket foot rest (which might not be easy), might as well check if you have space at the pedal area if there are additional spaces to install a foot rest.

I've found this foot-rest (with part number),for the Sephia (A). Yes, there is enough space in my car to put in a foot rest. The problem is, I might have to drill holes on the floor to install it.

I'll check out Concorde for the Momo foot rest, is it supposed to be universal?

Thanks Steamer,

I agree that the back support is kinda expensive. So far my car seat is not giving problems to my back, so guess I'll give the back support a miss. I do at least 70% highway, that's why a foot rest would be real good. [angelic]

[reply]Huggable,

I am also driving a manual car and I dont use the foot rest. I just bend my knees and sit normally whenever I dont need to place my foot on the cluth pedal for prolonged period (like in a freeway).

Anyway, if your back is what you are concerned with, this site has quite a number of stuffs to consider. But a little expensive.

If the footrest is original, it should have perfect fit and maybe there are covered "pre-drilled" holes in your floorboard? Alternatively just drill small holes and rivet the footrest in. Unless U want to use superglue [:p]

Hi Gavin,

Pity pity pity! I've check with C&C spare parts, the foot rest was actually the left-hand drive models, and they don't carry it. (I've actually got the part number from kiausaparts.com) The guy also told me that the Sephia (A) does not have foot rest. Even if they have the foot rest for LHD, it probably would not fit properly.

I've bought a Niken sport pedal from Stamford Tyres today, the shape of it looked ok to fit. Now some DIY problems to solve. I need a triangle-shaped bracket to raise the padel, not much of a problem. The floor of my car have a layer of very thin "carpet". Mean I have to cut it in order to install the foot rest? Use industrial metal glue to secure the foot rest, or... I don't really want to drill holes on the floor, enough of noise already.

[crazy]

If the footrest is original, it should have perfect fit and maybe there are covered "pre-drilled" holes in your floorboard? Alternatively just drill small holes and rivet the footrest in. Unless U want to use superglue [:p]

Too bad no original footrest.

Since U gotten the Niken footrest, the bracket should be relatively easy to get, just go to industrial part hardware shops to ask them make U one or go to MAN Exhaust and get him do a custom bracket for U. While U're there just get Aman to weld the entire bracket and footrest in lah! Voila! No holes [;)]

Industrial glue? Donno any but I've been using PROBOND Polyurethane glue which sticks to almost anything and so far it has held up everything I glued.

Oh Man does that? Me give him a call tomorrow! Then no need for any industrial glue already [cool] [cool] [cool]

Too bad no original footrest.

Since U gotten the Niken footrest, the bracket should be relatively easy to get, just go to industrial part hardware shops to ask them make U one or go to MAN Exhaust and get him do a custom bracket for U. While U're there just get Aman to weld the entire bracket and footrest in lah! Voila! No holes [;)]

Industrial glue? Donno any but I've been using PROBOND Polyurethane glue which sticks to almost anything and so far it has held up everything I glued.

Ahh! Me just visited Man, he said he don't know how to make the bracket, and asked me to go panel beating workshops! [mad] *I* will make a bracket myself.

Man does custom brackets for seats, so a footrest shouldn't be a problem [;)]

Yeah, guess so. My papa is getting me a piece of wood, I'll cut it to a triangle, and secure the footrest to the car by glue. Also need to cut the floor mat as well. [:/]

What a shame [:/] Maybe he is just too busy or lazy to do a small bracket? So what is your next battle plan?

Finally it's done! [;)] I got a gas pedal attachment from Stamford for $1, and made 2 pieces of metal to support the top and bottom part of the pedal. One 'C' bracket, and one 'L' bracket. Painted the brackets black, screwed them onto the new pedal, then glued it unto the floor of the car! Now my car has FOUR pedals, ha!

Next step is to cut the floor mat...

Floor only gets wet if U get with super wet shoes during heavy rain lah..... [;)]

Urs new car won't leak [cool]