BASS Tube

Darkness

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, would like to know if i have a stock ICE setup (and stock speakers), can i just add a bass tube to improve the bass...(yes i wan to blast the bass [sly])....

bass tube comes with built in amp right? so i will not blow my speakers rite?

thanks [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

you'll definitely get more bass but not necessarily better quality sound. not all tubes come wif amp. for this, u gotta get the powered tube which is hooked up directly to yr HU preouts and is run independently frm yr speakers. better to balance the additional bass wif a comp setup in front.

Supersonic
(edited)

$500 shld be able to. nod.gif for bass tube that is. comp ard $300 but u need an amp.

Edited by Soya

Neutral Newbie

sorry side track abit, currently using a 2 ch amp to drive my front comp. Wanted to add a passive sub to get more bass, so can I just bridge from my 2 ch amp to power the sub?

Laser

(edited)

For bass tube with built in Amp. You might want to consider this model..

COst around $520 from Edison at SLT.

BASSLINK.jpg

Specifications

Dimensions (H x W x D): 14-1/2" x 12-1/2" x 8" MSRP U.S. $: 499.95 Power Output: 200W Frequency Response (

Edited by Gadgeter

Neutral Newbie

If your amplifier has trimode capability you can do this. Simply connect the front components as per normal and for the subwoofer, bridge the -ve of one channel and the +ve of the other. You'll have to check your manual if you can do this with your amplifier. The sound quality of your components won't be as good as before but this is one way you can add a passive subwoofer before you invest in a seperate amp to drive it.

I have a bridgeable quadro(4 Channel) blaupunkt amp which is 4x80 watts...u think can it support a bass tube? I plan 2 add in 2 tweeters too to my 4 speakers in my car and hwo much will it roughly cost?

Neutral Newbie

I've one pair of 8" KICKER Sub Woofer in superb mint condition for sale @ $200 neg.

Interested pls sms 96942303 for fast deal.

Neutral Newbie
oh ic ic so with abt 500 can i get a bass tube with built in amp and component speakers?

i think ur budget of 500 is too low...maybe can get normal brands like BOSS 6.5" component speakers for 100+. den get one 100 to 200 plus 4 channel amps.. get one 10" kickers for maybe 150++ and lastly a ported box for tat ( the box depends on custom made or ready made ). this sure runs better den getting a bass tube...

bro ask u huh...does it matter what brand of amp i use...i went to autobacs and they have some amps abt 200 (power acuistics i think)....is it good enff? Those Alphine amps seem very expensive. I listen to fast bassy music and celine dion type of singers

I was looking thru some webbys and decided on the following:

Speakers (front): JBL P650c or GTO 606c (6.5")...any idea what is the cost?

Amp: Some cheapo 4 channel one (how many watts???)wat brand shall i get?

Woffer: kicker 10" (comp series) with box u said 150+ + box how much??? (where to get) can i use the same amp as above

thanks

Edited by Darkness