Meguair's NXT Wax

Protege

Dear all,

Went to DIY shop and found the latest Meguair's NXT wax. Very expensive. However, from the description, seems to be very good. Any bros have tried it? Especially on a black car? My Autoglym SRP is finishing, so looking for better alternative if possible.

Cheers!!

↡ Advertisement

I would say it's overpriced and so so.

After Wednesday's heavy downpour & exposed to the rain the whole day, my newly waxed surface was not smooth anymore, and did not bead water as well.

Neutral Newbie
Dear all,

Went to DIY shop and found the latest Meguair's NXT wax. Very expensive. However, from the description, seems to be very good. Any bros have tried it? Especially on a black car? My Autoglym SRP is finishing, so looking for better alternative if possible.

Cheers!!

Very easy to apply and buff. If you are the type who does waxing every week, then this is definitely for you. If not better use sealant.

Cheers!

Neutral Newbie
Dear all,

Cheers!!

May i know how much is Meguair's NXT wax? tinking to buy after finish my Meguair's Hi-tech yellow wax.

Neutral Newbie

after how long do you need to reapply before the lines come back

BTW, switched brands liow. The last time you saw me with Zaino.. under sunlight fantastic but I really needed to keep those hortizontal lines under white light covered. So have switched to carnuaba wax - dark shine for dark coloured cars. Comes with a bottle of cleaner fluid to prep the car ie. remove lines and stubborn dirt.

Neutral Newbie

I used to wax every week so car looks good.

If I see swirl marks, then I will use Scratch X followed by

Meguairs No. 7 and then NXT.

Wah use carnuba wax now. I think the colour would look much

better (deeper and more intense shine) but applying and buffing off

damn siong, leh!

Which brand?

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro

Using Swissol - Concorsso (about 48% carnuaba content).

Easy to apply - buffing not a problem. But there is a need to bake the car and then re-buff again- can get haze easily.. But you right, the shine is quite different. After a few washes, it looks nice. Quite an experience. It comes with a cleaner fluid to remove lines and blemishes. So far it beads water well and can last up to 4 weeks before next application to cover any lines..

Downside- a bit expensive tho. Good product.

Neutral Newbie

something i realise from my personal experience comparing acrylic based vs wax based product. Personal opinion (try it for yourself): the former looks good on metallic paints (even black with some metallic element in it) while the latter shines on solid colours e.g. red and black, esp black. Cos the former is very reflective while the latter absorbs light, and has a deep shine. It becomes a personal experience.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info.

The waxes very expensive.

May be can arrange to see your car again

and then decide whether worth to buy Swissol waxes.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

expensive- that's right.. relatively more expensive than many other brands.

I tried some of the scratch x and MG#7 or 3M SMR to remove those lines before putting the glaze or acrylic based polymer, I could still see some lines. In fact they were magnified. With Swissol, they were almost all covered well after the applying the cleaner fluid followed by wax. Under intense sunlight, the swirl marks can be a bit visible but under the white lights of the petrol kiosk, I can hardly see any lines. Beautiful. And they stay invisble for quite some time too. :o) So far so good.

The only hassle is the buffing (cos of little haze due to over applying of wax). Instructions include baking it for 2 hours even and then rebuff. (but where got time all the time).

Forgot to mention, the wax beads water very very well. When I drove in the rain one morning and then drove into the underground carpark, there was hardly any water on the car!!! Amazing, even after 2 weeks. I only apply once a month now. Cos it repels water better, chances of water marks less actually.

For metallic paints (incl yours cos it has some metallic element), personal opinion is to stick to acrylic or synthentic materials cos it gives a reflective shine. Carnuaba wax reacts differently to solid colours like red and black. It's a deep and natural shine (as opposed to plastiky). Again personal preference.

The tin can last more than a year since it requires very little to use per application.

Hope the info helps.

Edited by Jesse_james

(edited)

Maybe you can concoct your own blend of car wax! [idea]

You can buy 100% pure woodworking carnauba wax. Mix it with beeswax to soften it. Then dissolve it in turpentine.

You can buy carnauba wax from Woodworker's Supply or any hobby woodworking store. I believe online is the best place.

A search finds the following recipes:

Homemade Car Wax

This isn't really a car repair tip, but I have a great recipe for homemade car wax. It can be used on just about any vehicle you want to protect and add shine to.

HOMEMADE CAR WAX 1

1 cup carnauba wax OR 1 cup coconut oil

1 cup beeswax

1/4 cup olive oil

Blend ingredients, then slowly melt them and pour mixture into a tin or a short jar. Use as any other paste wax is used.

HOMEMADE CAR WAX 2

1 cup linseed oil, 4 tbsp. caranuba wax (available at automotive stores), 2 tbsp. beeswax, and 1/2 cup vinegar. Put ingredients in top half of a double boiler or saucepan. Heat slowly until wax has melted. Stir, and pour into a heat resistant container. After wax has solidified, rub it on the car with a lint-free cloth. Saturate a corner of a cotton rag with vinegar and polish the wax to a deep shine.

HOMEMADE CAR WAX 3

To make enough for 1 waxing

8oz/225g carnauba wax

2 tablespoons yellow beeswax

16 floz/450ml turpentine

1 tablespoon pine oil

In a double boiler, heat the carnauba wax and beeswax. Stir, then leave to cool until the mixture just starts to harden. Stir in the turpentine and pine oil. To use, dip a rag into the mixture, rub onto the car

Edited by Genie47

Neutral Newbie
Dear all,

Cheers!!

I am using it now.. Results, good and easy applications!! [nod]
↡ Advertisement