AutoGlym Polish

Zolidlim

Now then I realized that this AutoGlym Resin Polish is too good to believe.

Normally I'll used those abit cheaper kinda wax to wax my car... and keep the AutoGlym one cos its more costly. Apparently, after one rainfall, the 'shiny & slippery' feelings will be gone. Now that I'm using the AutoGlym, the car will feel the same at least for 3 car washes or 3 rainfall. I cant really describe but definitely I can say is Good! [thumbsup][thumbsup][inlove]

↡ Advertisement

The only thing I hate about using AutoGlym is the puffing off the white residue after the polishing thumbsdown.gif. Other than that, the finishing is quite good thumbsup.gif. Actually, had been using Autoglym for a few years liao sly.gif

I just apply the Autoglym Resin Polish and then apply another layer of the Extra Gloss Protection, the Gloss which appears on my car is better than any other Polish Wax I used in the past. The results are amazing, really like showroom shine! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

So I shall monitor how long does the polish last, it should last as long as what you have mentioned.

Did you use the Autoglym polish cloth? For me, I did not use as I find a lot of the small piece of cloth dropping off as i polish, I use the normal cotton cloth instead.

Edited by Carlover76

[shakehead] No way for me man, its far too costly... Using normal cotton polishing cloth, and the results are as good. So don't see whats the point of getting such cloth.

Moreover, those normal cotton cloth can get anywhere...including petrol kiosk! [thumbsup]

As for the white residue, I think all waxes have that probelm, don't they? IMO, another way to decrease the amount of residue that irritates most motorists, suggest using less wax on the car, because if uses too much of it, most of the wax actually doesn't comes into contact onto the car. Thus the residue will be too much.

[angel]

The Autoglym polishing cloth actually comes with the package I bought, it includes a sponge, polishing cloth, Autoglym Shampoo, Glass polish and the Resin Polish.

You are right, all polishing wax will have that problem! [thumbsup]

I guess I will not use other products other than AutoGlym! [thumbsup]

I got that same package too.. Pretty good deal huh? Especially when its $18.80 only!

I find that the cloth tends to shed fibres too but it can easily be dusted off since it doesn't stick. The Kent stockinette that HomeFix sells in a big roll for $7.50 looks the same as the Autoglym one. $20 for the box of Autoglym cloth is really expensive I agree!

I'm quite impressed by the Resin Polish too, it gives the paintwork a deep gloss and shine. However, I have not tried the Extra Gloss Protection over it. Does it prolong the life of the polish? Maybe I should go get that too...

After my first try with the Resin Polish I found a bottle of Polyglaze at home and gave it a try. It seemed easier to use and results were quite good too, maybe because the sponge applicator with the thin layer of cloth puts a thinner layer on which is easier to buff off.

The Extra Gloss Protection claims to prolong the long lasting shine and extra protection for the polish so it is yet to know the result and will let you know once tested. [laugh]

I guess I will stick with Autoglym instead of trying other products. [thumbsup]

Hi,

I'm also currently using autoglym super resin polish. Just wanna check with u guys, how long to u let the polish stay on your car before buffing it off. Is it true that the shine and protection will be better if polish stays on the car longer?

I think once it dries you can buff it off, roughly about 5 minutes? What I do is I do one panel at a time eg. door, roof, half the bonnet. And once I'm done applying each panel it's usually dry enough to buff off. If you let it dry too long it may become harder to remove, especially if the application is a little too thick. Then its a bit siong [sweatdrop]

Ben how do you do yours?

Hi,

Actually, that's similar to what I'm doing. Basically, start polishing on one side then gradually progress round the car and when I've completed one round, I will let the polish stay for a while and proceed to either clean the glass or the interior of the car. Then maybe about 10mins later, I will buff the car.

How about the extra gloss protection? I heard from the autoglym manager that it is better to let it stay on as longer as possible, I think it is also mentioned on the label. There was once I let the extra gloss protection stay on for about 4 hrs, started at ard 6pm, applied one layer of extra gloss protection until the whole exterior was covered with it, went home, watch tv, makan, relac relac etc then went down to wipe it off at ard 10pm. It was not sticky at all.

Btw, the autoglym website, www.autoglym.com, not the local one, has quite a useful detailing guide.

Oh so you do the whole car and then come back and buff it off? By the way, what do you use to apply the polish?

I apply and buff one panel at a time. Haven't tried the extra gloss protection though, may be time I do. Or else polish already don't protect it will be a waste of effort [bigcry]

For me, I will apply the Resin Polish part by part, starting from the bonnet and the boot, top of car and bumper then proceed with the side of the car near the bonnet and finally the door of the car including the rest of the area.

I believe that the first few area I start with are the most important areas then after applying the Resin Polish, I will apply the Extra Gloss Protection before applying the polish to the rest of the area so that the Extra Gloss Protection can be coat longer than the rest of the area.

After applying the Extra Gloss Protection to the rest of the area, I will go for my lunch or dinner depending what time I start then after 1 hour, I will go back to bluff it off for the final finish.

Today it was drizzling, what amazed me is that the polish will repel the water off the surface which it does not happen to the few wax products I used in the past. That is amazing! [thumbsup][nod]

old stuffs, i have been using autoglym when they launch their products in sgp.

Now then I realized that this AutoGlym Resin Polish is too good to believe.

Normally I'll used those abit cheaper kinda wax to wax my car... and keep the AutoGlym one cos its more costly. Apparently, after one rainfall, the 'shiny & slippery' feelings will be gone. Now that I'm using the AutoGlym, the car will feel the same at least for 3 car washes or 3 rainfall. I cant really describe but definitely I can say is Good! [thumbsup][thumbsup][inlove]

Neutral Newbie

I started with Meguiar's products and now on autoglym. The Extra Gloss Protection can last much longer than Meguiar's cleaner wax, but I think no match for those glazes like zaino and klasse. A few coats of those will last months.

But one of the important factors for me is that the product must be easily available. Meguiar's and Autoglym can be found everywhere.

The best is to apply waxes from location to location, ie, bonnet and bumper, then roof top to one side of doors, then to the rear, follow to the other side of doors....

After that, buff the one which u applied first.... and its done.

Do not apply too thick of waxes or u will have a hard time buffing it off!

Me too will stick to AutoGlym....... [thumbsup]