Drifting left with excessive vibration

Johnchong

Neutral Newbie

Yesterday changed my front tires. But after tat the car seems to drift left slightly with the steering wheel centred.

Also, i seem to feel excessive vibration of the steering wheel when goin at abt 110kmh.

Anybody any ideas on the problem and wat to do?

thanx

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

need to do alignment & hv the shop high-speed balance it. but let the tyres scrub-in abt 300km first to settle down.

Neutral Newbie

thanx for the info..

But where can i do the high speed balancing and alignment? Autobacs?

And how much is it gonna cost?

Those small tire shops cannot ar? cuz i'm gonna change my rear tires there anyway...

btw, any views on the Dunlop LM 702???

Also thinking of Bridgestone Turanza...

Neutral Newbie
thanx for the info..

But where can i do the high speed balancing and alignment? Autobacs?

And how much is it gonna cost?

Those small tire shops cannot ar? cuz i'm gonna change my rear tires there anyway...

btw, any views on the Dunlop LM 702???

Also thinking of Bridgestone Turanza...

As Virus have mentioned, give Riverview a call. Their service very pro. Kenny's the man to look for.

Yesterday changed my front tires. But after tat the car seems to drift left slightly with the steering wheel centred.

Also, i seem to feel excessive vibration of the steering wheel when goin at abt 110kmh.

Anybody any ideas on the problem and wat to do?

thanx

Think the shop that u bought the tyres from should do that for you... they took u for a ride... [smash][smash]

Neutral Newbie

Go to Malaysia if you need high-speed balancing (on-wheel) .. it will cost you alot lesser I think about RM$10-12 per tyre. For front set it will cost you about RM$20 .. Singapore easily S$30. Thatis if you are going to Malaysia anyway.

Neutral Newbie

ok, the tire shop balanced the wheels already. now the vibration at high speed is gone. But i still feel tat it drifts slightly to the left... Hmmm, can i do alignment at Kah Motors? Since I do servicing there anyway...

(edited)

Not a serious problem, probably a slight adjustment on the toe will cut out the crab-like movement (technical term - tyre scuffing or side slip )

Edited by Yeobh

i have the SAME problem as you. the car Sway slightly left at high speed. went to Riverpt to align and even change the tie rod... still like that. braking at high speed worse sway, i service rear Brake to reduce the problem but still like that..HELP>?? suggestion anyone?

Neutral Newbie

did u do anything to the car prior to having the problems?how old is ur ride btw?

Pulling to one side at high speed braking can be due to

a) both front tyre are not of the same make and model

b) both front tyres are at different stage of wear

c) Loose tie rods, ball joints or front wheel bearings

d) The diference in brake force of both front wheel is more than 10%

↡ Advertisement