handheld polisher

Acemundo

anyone tried using the handheld polisher machine or stuff before? is it useful and easy to use?

what's the cost like and do we apply the resin on that polisher?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

used before, found it too trouble some having to handle the wires.

also quite difficult to use, not enough power, so back to the mannual way.

Supersonic

but if u hv a cordless drill, can juz buy head adaptor. tried those cheapo yellow coloured ones many yrs ago. wires get in the way and no power. oso difficult to use esp if u hv to avoid black plastic trim.

its not the buffing off part leh..its the polishing part. suppose to apply circular motion and can't bee too soft, otherwise impurities will not get out of paintwork?

haven't seen cordless polisher before.

but drills? do they work the same way if got head adaptor?

but if wires no power wouldn't it be worst for battery operated ones? yeah prob for areas near the plastic rims will still use hand but the most siong bonnet, doors and car roof can use this polisher will save great deal of trouble.

Supersonic

i'm toking abt heavy duty bosch drills. cordless drill hv the same drill head adaptor as wired ones.

hmmm....are they available in home fix? maybe i should go down to take a look.

i must be too suan koo, haven't seen high powered ones or cordless ones.

Supersonic

shld be available there. but maybe after u see the price, you'll land up buying hand polish cloth instead.....[laugh][laugh]

haa....i get the drift.......sigh, all good stuff don't come cheap

looks like will have to continue tire out my fingers for polishing.

Neutral Newbie

Cigarette lighter operated polishers are a joke. Do not waste your money (about $25) buying them. Even the Black & Decker 60 watts polisher (about $90 on offer now) is good for applying wax only -- not polishing. Most corded polishers have their cords coming out from the back of the machine. The trick is to place the cord on your shoulder (right shoulder if you are right handed) as you use it to polish. Wise to have it plugged to an ELCB or RCCB.

It is very important to note that you can easily shear off the paint of raised edges of the bodywork if you put too much pressure or stay too long in the same position during waxing/polishing work. Take extreme care.

↡ Advertisement