Vitara JLXi 1.6

Junjie

Hi Bros,

Anyone own the aboved mentioned? [inlove] Fell in love with in when I saw it at the 2nd hand car mart. One was 92' another 93', COE till 8/11. Worth going for it?

How's the FC for vitara and are the parts easily obtain? Any workshops to recommend for Jeep or 4 x 4 vehicles servicing? [thumbsup]

Regards

[bounce2][bounce2]

↡ Advertisement

Hi Vtim,

Thanks for the reply, by the way, your pic. with the bouncing tities pretty distracting!!HaHa.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Anyway, went down to Thomson used car centre during lunch. Saw a 91 Starlet and test drive it, engine still pretty sound, no major problems on the chasis. Dearler offer me roughly abt 28++k. It COE expire 8/11. Ask for 3K cash to cover insurance, 1st month downpayment which cost $450 for 7yrs loan or $480 for 6 1/2yrs loan and transfer fee. Promised by him that he will service the car as he just got the car yesterday, therefore I am viewing the exact condition as when it was sent in. Stuffs that he will be doing up include, re-spray paint, change brake pad, install CD player and change the tyres if happen there are better condition tyres lying around.

However, was told it is not worth to go for COE that end 8/2011, but seem like most COE cars available in the market are within that period of COE.

Any comments.

Regards

[knife][confused][knife]

Neutral Newbie

someone calling me?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif FC can be pretty bad.....i hit around 8.5km/l sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

get the injection ones, dun get the carb ones.....most workshop can work on vitara. if you need can intro you my workshop.

parts still can get but no more accessories. its a nice ride. worth going for it.....anything 8/11 means 18K coe.....check how muc they sell above paper value first hor

Yes Sir,

Thanks for the reply. Didn't know the FC was that bad! But what the heck, it's still my dream ride till now.... [inlove]

Guess the starlet that I test drive this afternoon, practically worth nothing? cause it's a 91 COE (8/11)car and selling for 28++k. Is it worth it? [gossip]

By the way, roughly how much should I pay for a 92-93 vitara, didn't see much vitara around...

Regards

[thumbsup]

well, that avatar have been the talking point of the whole MCF laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

What I would like to advice is, if possible do not go for COE car IMHO. If you can afford around $500++/mth, I'm sure there are new cars that is available, of course with 10yrs loan. At least you'll have a piece of mind, car is new less likely to breakdown than a COE car (as it's already almost 10yrs old sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif). The reason for getting a car is for convenience sake, you won't want it to inconvenience you if it breaks down often sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Haha,

Here comes the bouncing tities again!!! [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Still up? Ya, you are pretty right. My mind is in a state of confuse, still couldn't make up my mind to go for a COE car or a new ride. Guess right now, for my budget will be mostly on Korean car or wira, saw the chervolet aveo 1.4, look pretty ok to me, selling for 60+K.anyway some authorised dealer from getzclub forum email me that he is able to sell me getz for 60k nett. which include whatever freebies komoco is offering plus a momo steering wheel. But after looking through their forum, seem like getz is a pretty fuel guzzer for a 1.3 and pretty lots of problems surfacing on and off. But I have to agree it look great for a 1.3 korean made. [idea]

rdgs

[bounce2][bounce2]

there are also Opel Corsa 1.2L or Ford Fiesta (my good friend is a SE in RM) nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif & other makes that are within the 60k+ range. If you are not in a hurry, wait till CNY is over, prices normally goes down after than period sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

Neutral Newbie

The FC can be bad depending on the condition of the engine. Such cars can sometimes be bad due to the fact that the drivers bring it for offroading.

The starlet has 8 years left.....1.8K depre a year. so 1.8 x 8 = 14.4K....sell you 28K??? they got to be crazy. this is not a brand new car. you may need to do alot to maintain it.

want more on 4x4, go to http://www.jeepnation.net

Hi,

Me still looking around, u got lobang on Vitara?

By the way, is the FC really that bad? Just to check with you, will 4 x4 jeep like have higher road tax?

(by the way, what do you guys mean when you mention "PM" me)

Cheerios

[thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

no lobang, but saw some dealer selling. M leasing at Jalan Ampas. fibre top, auto gear.

FC is quite bad for a 1.6 coz heavy body. large wheels.

and road tax is dependent on capacity of car lah smash.gifsmash.gifsmash.gif but for a COE car, it will be more ex.

as for PM means private message

Neutral Newbie

Posting on behalf ...

1 unit excellent condition Suzuki Vitara JLX 16 Valve - Hard Top, Mar 97, low mileage 19,000km, 2 owner - asking 39k.

Contact owner @ 65651771

Avoid Suzuki auto transmission cos they are not very lasting. Moreover those in the market now that are on sale from dealers especially a few white ones with soft top are going to break down anytime after anyone purchase them.

Hi Lester,

Your friend the owner (he do off-road with it)....initially really wanted a vitara even bf i got my licence but heard that the FC is really quite scary, still holding my horses......just to check with you , how much will be for rd tax for 4x4 ..thanks bro.. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement