Microfibre towel (3m)

Fluffy

Saw Home-Fix selling 3M micro-fibre towel at $6.95

dunno, but heard it is great for drying cars (no streaking!)

also comes packaged with sponge (for shinning those wheels!)

duckie [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I have the 3M micro-fibre towel. However, I find the texture too coarse. Great for mirrors, lens and wheels but not so for body works of car.

Try the MysticMaid, personally I find it very effective though quite expensive. Both have different fiber composition and I think the later is more effective for drying car.

Just my 2 cents worth [:p]

I find the plastic chamois pretty good and lasting, genuine chamois dont last long imho.

I have been using the "kanebo" one, blue in colour for about 2 yrs+ and its still in good condition [thumbsup] based on a once a week wash [sunny]

Neutral Newbie

Leather chamois tend to leave oils or scratch (if unluckily some debris landed on the paint).

A synthetic chamois, cotton towel or microfibre towel (as plush as possible) should be used for drying. [;)]

Wonderful, another kanebo user.

I've got a yellow one...I believe its seen me through three cars...minimum five years. Think I should get a new one soon...someone needs to make a living.

For wiping windscreen and glass, I bought the Merguiar Glass Cloth which is quite effective too.

I also bought the Absorber which the material is rubber, it is very useful for drying your car after wash, it can dry your car in minutes with the Absorber but it is a bit expensive as it cost $25 for one piece. It can re-wash by washing machine so if you are interested you can get it at ACE Superstore at Novena Square.

Neutral Newbie
I have the 3M micro-fibre towel. However, I find the texture too coarse. Great for mirrors, lens and wheels but not so for body works of car.

Try the MysticMaid, personally I find it very effective though quite expensive. Both have different fiber composition and I think the later is more effective for drying car.

Just my 2 cents worth [:p]

Yup, i also bought the mystic maid. Very absorbent but when you wring it, it tends to retain the water. Unlike synthetic leather chamois - absorbent but drains water easily when you wring it.

Anyway, mystic maid is my preference as it is softer & would not leave streak marks

Saw Home-Fix selling 3M micro-fibre towel at $6.95

dunno, but heard it is great for drying cars (no streaking!)

also comes packaged with sponge (for shinning those wheels!)

duckie gossip.gif

I would recommend MysticMaid. Have been using this for quite sometime and still think its good.

I've actually used Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo/Conditioner for the car. Guess what, don't need to dry!! Water sips off the car after washing. Use MysticMaid to clear the rest of the water pond.

I will recommed 2 microfibres. (2x mysticmaids or 1x mysticmaid and 1xMeguiar's Ultimate Wipe Fibre)

I also own the Zymol Chamois. Very good, but don't seem to be using it now when I start using the new shampoo.

Rgds

Neutral Newbie

yo ,

i agree with your opnion on the mystic maid. but your claim on the meguire shampoo is quite remarkable. so what polish and wax do you use?

Hi Staloy,

I'm quite suprised when I first use it. It feels different from the time I started shampooing.

For polish/wax, I've tried ScratchX from Meguiar. It really smoothen the surface out. This is a little abrasive. There is one though... Cleaner Wax from Meguiar which can be use to do some surface prep. You can use the ClaySystem from Meguiar too. Sold in Home-fix.

Polishing is not really recommended if you are doing it yourself. But if you are game enough, 3M Rubbing Compound II (Hand use) can do.

Wax, I fully and truelly recommend Gold Class wax from Meguiar. 2 forms, paste and liquid. Prefer liquid.

I've tried a few products, but still loved Meguiar. It is solely considered based on price-quality.

Rgds