I thought this was sold as Daewoo

Vtim

No lah, that car is Chevolet Optra which is a 1.6 litre car, Chevolet is a brand name from USA, they have renamed the previous Daewoo Kalos to Chevolet already.

So in Singapore, there is no more Daewoo but this brand still exist under Gereral Motor and it is selling in Korea but not in Singapore.

Anyway, I went to test drive the New Chevolet Optra, I dun like the car as the outlook of the car resemble Toyota Corolla so bulky, interior of the car especially the dashboard, the design looks similar to the Mitsubishi Lancer dashboard.

Car Turning Radius is 5.3, somehow just dun like the outlook of the car and the logo of the brand, looks like Ambulance logo or the cross!

Ben,

You got all the facts wrong. That is a Daewoo Legenza. It was never marketed as another make in SG. Perhaps the owner thinks Chevolet is more upmarket, hence he changed his badge. Notice that all associations with Daewoo was gone. Just reminds me of Harrier owners trying means to "transform" their car into a Lexus RX.

Btw I know you love your Kia much more than I do. The Optra looks like this, definatly miles apart from the picture Vtim posted!

post-16-1067739152_thumb.jpg

Well done.

You have insulted both Corolla owners and Lancer owners in 1 single post. shakehead.gif

It is not meant to insult both Corolla and Lancer owners as it does look similar, if you all do not believe, you can refer to the this month's issue of Wheels Asia Magazine, there is a review on the Chevolet Optra!

Yes, you maybe right to say that Daewoo has no relation with Chevolet but what can you explain when StarsAuto change the logo from the Daewoo Kalos logo into the Chevolet logo?

I went to their showroom to test drive the Chevolet Optra and they did change the kalos from the Daewoo logo into Chevolet logo and sell it off!

Its not a matter of believing what car the Optra resembles, rather your statement that you do not like it because it looks bulky like the Corolla and that the interior looks like that of the Lancer - In other words saying that the Optra looks like crap because it has the crappy look of the Corolla's body and the crappy look of the Lancer's dashboard.

Anyway, I went to test drive the New Chevolet Optra, I dun like the car as the outlook of the car resemble Toyota Corolla so bulky, interior of the car especially the dashboard, the design looks similar to the Mitsubishi Lancer dashboard.

Free speech in this country. Post whatever you want. Its your opinion anyway plus it ain't my forum.

I don't go around saying that I don't like the design of KIA cars, but then again, I can't make every single soul follow what I do; Thus rendering my post to you irrelevant and unjustified. Sorry to waste your time.

It is not meant to insult both Corolla and Lancer owners as it does look similar, if you all do not believe, you can refer to the this month's issue of Wheels Asia Magazine, there is a review on the Chevolet Optra!

Regards,

Benedict

yes, I heard about the Daewoo being rebadged as Chevrolet in the rest of the world (except South Korea) but this car looks like the previous Daewoo Lagenza. gossip.gif

as I saw the side view & this car isn't that 'new' as it's already a year + & the rebadging of Daewoo to Chevrolet only started recently sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif