What's your favourite Oil?(multiple votes allowed)

Alfpoon

What's your favourite Oil?(multiple votes allowed)  

110 members have voted

1. 1.

• BP
    • Castrol
    • Pennzoil
    • Shell
    • Chemlube
    • Redline
    • Royal Purple
    • Mobil 1
    • Amsoil
    • Others(pls specify)

Just like to find out which is the most popular Car Lubricant in S'pore..well at least within MCF. Oops...multiple votes not activated...sigh..

Edited by Alfpoon
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

well, i juz got the car a month ago and changed to royal purple.. seems quite smooth to me but i can't really vote yet as i've not tried other brands yet.

On the topic of engine oils. Check the vast amount of Used Oil Analysis (UOA) results and opinions from http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

According to them Pennzoil is the best dino (for dinosaur) oil. Many Amsoil supporters there. M1 is the cheapest syn oil according to them. They lamblasted RP when the UOA was out. One guy even said it was like putting gravel into your engine laugh.gif. Also got strange oils that never hear before like Schaeffer.

My first 6k since the last oil change for this car is coming up. Can't vote 'cus I have no experience with any oil yet. Currently the car is using Elf dino oil. Will most likely use dino oil but treat engine with Auto-Rx. After the engine is clean and sui sui will put in syn oil.

Edited by Genie47

Neutral Newbie

just changed to this too cos my workshop don't bring in the previous one I used (Liqui-Moly)..

how has it been for you? I can't tell the diff tongue.gif

Neutral Newbie

hmm... i tot its syn? saw it on the spec sheet.. anyway, i was feeling it and shell helix ultra between my fingers and RP felt smoother... then again, i'm juz a newbie.. dunno anything type.. [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Yup RP is semi-syn oil. Actually RP for street application is semi-syn. RP Racing is fully syn.

There seems to be a class action suit against mfr of these semi-syn oil called Group III or PAO. Because they are not syn though claims by the mfr that they are syn. People suing them for misleading the public.

Go to the BITOG forums and search for RP under their UOA subsection and also check the VOA (Virgin Oil Analysis) subsection. You will see the results. Quite damning.

Neutral Newbie

their VOA of RP seems quite ok to me.. wif one or two positive feedbacks...

but for their UOA, seems quite bad but could it be due to the cold weather experienced there? perhaps for SG, where we dun experience such cold weather, it should be ok? i've read a thread somewhere in this forum that RP quite ok.. anyway, for me, since RP is cheap, i plan to change every 5000km..

[dizzy][dizzy]

will continue to monitor.. so far so good...

Of course OK. Changing every 5k is OK be it syn, semisyn or dino. Because RP is as cheap as dino for a semisyn oil, you can treat it as a dino oil by not extending its change interval.

Neutral Newbie

hmmm... did my 60k service and they used that...but not sure of its price/l cos its included in the servicing charge.. think its 30 plus or cheaper for 4L? that's wat i assume.. receipt wif my gf..

used RP cos some other guys driving the same car as me using it and highly recommend so use lor.. anyway, since its cheap, juz change often.. its ok wif me.. i know 1 guy whose RP can tahan 10k.. but i dun think i should push it... to be on the safe side, 5-6k enuff liao..

Neutral Newbie

dude, i didnt buy it.. the workshop which i did my servicing at uses it...

if u want to know where, i can send u the contacts.. can PM me cos i'm using email alert so i'll still be able to access my PMs...

↡ Advertisement