Air scoop

Fabiaman

Anyone here installed an air scoop on the front bonnet?

I always loved to have a airscoop on my car but when I was warn by Belinda at Xoom Trading that TPs are merciless to aftermarket air scoops, I was turned off.... esp when this info comes from someones who sells body kits.

When I spoke to Z3 or Z4 at Eunos Ave 7, they told me air scoop although not legal, will be not be booked easily one lah stating if going law by law, most cars on the roads do not pass the LTA.

↡ Advertisement

Air scoop on a Fabia? Cannot make it lah! Unless Skoda replaces the Octavia rallycar with a Fabia [:p]

Serious, air scoop too "loud" and attracts too much attention. Air vents like those on center of EVO bonnets more efficient and less flashy [cool]

Neutral Newbie

The obvious reason why TPs and LTA will be dismayed by your air scoop could possibly for your own good.

Why, because any thing like cutting up a portion of the car is actually bad for the structure of the car. That means if you cut up the bonnet to make way for a air scoop, the front portion of the car will be weakened and will be amplified in any head on collision. ie.. the crumple zone is disrupted.

That i feel is the reason why your should not consider an air acoop for safety sake... those factory fitted ones are alright as they have the air scoop built into their original design.

Neutral Newbie

Have anyone seen a air scoop built on the top of the roof of a car? That means instead of a sun roof, you see a air scoop built on the roof?

I think its there to scoop air into the passenger cabin... not sure what else its there for.

I have never seens such a thing until today but as the car was driving far away, I cpould see the make but my hunch is that it was the previous model Imprezza.

Neutral Newbie

For cabin ventilation. Useful in Rallies where there's no aircon in the car! The roof scoop is to allow maximum air into the cabin.

A few exceptions like that on the Mclaren F1 is actually an air scoop for the mid-mounted engine.

post-6-1019318727_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

If u're frequently go to Kallang KFC, there's usually parked one also.

Btw, the air scoop not only the top, MR2 old model also was built at the Left/right side (look alike ox's horn) after the front seat for engine ventilation

Neutral Newbie

Do you think we can fix one air scoop on the roof and the LTA will have no objection? [crazy]

If I get to fix up one on my car, I guess I need not turn on the air con most of the time since the ventilation coming from the air scoop on top would be EXCELLENT! [angelic]

Neutral Newbie

Do U want 3M filter also! fixed the air scoop that make U always clean u cabin fr dust and sand-probably one day one time to clean and wash [:(]

Neutral Newbie
If the air scooped up from the top can go into our air intake... then solid man!! [;)]

Move your engine to the boot then can scoop air from the roof lor [:p]

↡ Advertisement