5 Days in Hong Kong with a toddler in tow - tips needed on places to go and eat

therock

On 10/21/2024 at 9:01 AM, Mkl22 said:

yeah. they quite convoluted in their unique expressions. always double meaning in their phrases... except tiu/diu is still the same... 😁

Hashtag jasonleong's HK cab driver ..."DLLM!...this is the HK parliament..." 😁

OIP (3).jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 10/21/2024 at 9:04 AM, mersaylee said:

They just walk...ever dated a HK gal...oh my...she could really walk...parktor with her macam road march liddat...yet won't perspire one...limpeh often kena teased by her...why i looked like i just bathe liddat 😅

Yes,they walk very Fast,esp in Central Hong Kong CBD,those Ladies in High Heels walked faster than you Jog.

• Haha! 4

On 10/21/2024 at 9:10 AM, ER-3682 said:

Yes,they walk very Fast,esp in Central Hong Kong CBD,those Ladies in High Heels walked faster than you Jog.

On the contray...mine walked very slow...that's why wont perspire...but could do the mileage without stopping...😂

• Haha! 1

On 10/21/2024 at 9:04 AM, mersaylee said:

They just walk...ever dated a HK gal...oh my...she could really walk...parktor with her macam road march liddat...yet won't perspire one...limpeh often kena teased by her...why i looked like i just bathe liddat 😅

Ya, sporeans are spoilt or lazy to walk or cannot walk at all. When walk to MRT for 10 mins, they say very far. If drive, will park as close to the lift lobby as possible. Stay on level 2, take lift and cannot climb stairs. If coffeeshop is opposite their house, they would rather drive over than walk. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

On 10/21/2024 at 9:34 AM, 13177 said:

Ya, sporeans are spoilt or lazy to walk or cannot walk at all. When walk to MRT for 10 mins, they say very far. If drive, will park as close to the lift lobby as possible. Stay on level 2, take lift and cannot climb stairs. If coffeeshop is opposite their house, they would rather drive over than walk. Lol.

Let me haolian a bit...i can walk to tabao kopi opposite my block...then climb 10 floors of stairs to enjoy the kopi...i tink my former fling...i mean gf...had trained me well...😂

• Haha! 4

On 10/21/2024 at 9:01 AM, Mkl22 said:

yeah. they quite convoluted in their unique expressions. always double meaning in their phrases... except tiu/diu is still the same... 😁

It is the same for Mandarin.

Except we are AM educated

• Haha! 1

On 10/21/2024 at 11:44 AM, 13177 said:

If HK is not toddler friendly, then how did the locals get around with their toddler le?

That they don't have a choice, probably a lot of walking without pram.

On 10/21/2024 at 10:41 AM, Beanoyip said:

That they don't have a choice, probably a lot of walking without pram.

I see a lot of pram at Stanley.

I hardly see pram in other places.

• Haha! 1

On 10/21/2024 at 1:46 PM, inlinesix said:

I see a lot of pram at Stanley.

I hardly see pram in other places.

Is Stanley a more affluent area? Or maybe accessibility is much better there.

as i mentioned in earlier post, HK shops now are more tone down not as arrogant as in the past, to a certain extent kinda sad seeing them behaving this way. Anyway most of them can converse in mandarin and not as hostile now.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

On 10/21/2024 at 10:49 AM, Jman888 said:

as i mentioned in earlier post, HK shops now are more tone down not as arrogant as in the past, to a certain extent kinda sad seeing them behaving this way. Anyway most of them can converse in mandarin and not as hostile now.

Now no Business..Arrogant Time over.

• Haha! 1

On 10/20/2024 at 8:08 PM, 13177 said:

Hong kong people speaks pu tong hua now ah? Thought they don't like to speak, esp quite 'unfriendly' to those people who speaks pu tong hua as they group them as ah tiong?! Lol.

In retail shops and F&B outlets there's no excuse not speaking pu tong hua. Easily 30-40% are mainland customers. Which explains the current retail slump after significant reduction in mainlander visits after covid. 

Especially obvious when stepping into higher end luxury retails. Most default greetings is pu tong hua first.

Even grumpy taxi drivers jiang hua yu now although they're still grumpy speaking it lol.

• Haha! 3

On 10/21/2024 at 3:51 PM, Jellandross said:

In retail shops and F&B outlets there's no excuse not speaking pu tong hua. Easily 30-40% are mainland customers. Which explains the current retail slump after significant reduction in mainlander visits after covid. 

Especially obvious when stepping into higher end luxury retails. Most default greetings is pu tong hua first.

Even grumpy taxi drivers jiang hua yu now although they're still grumpy speaking it lol.

Looks like i need to revisit HK again liao. Think went HK at least 10 years ago. Lol.

↡ Advertisement