COE bidding - October 2024

epigram

Yes. All the AD saying that the three week period between bidding and the car expo will mean the CoE will increase.  CAT A too overcrowded now by luxury brands also, and last bidding CAT B increase by $3k, even though fewer bids overall.

Very surprised as the trend was expecting that CoE to decrease by EoY 2024.  Yet here we are.  CAT A at highest it's been in a year and CAT B on upward trend.  COE like playing stock market.  People trying to time the market, but it's clearly not going down right now.

On 9/28/2024 at 9:18 PM, Benarsenal said:

You say leh?

I think it will go up. I believe some ADs have sufficient margins to play with if they want to deliver - whether due to existing backlog, new orders from car expo, or just to push registrations before end year. 

On 9/28/2024 at 6:45 PM, GTO-1 said:

Yes. All the AD saying that the three week period between bidding and the car expo will mean the CoE will increase.  CAT A too overcrowded now by luxury brands also, and last bidding CAT B increase by $3k, even though fewer bids overall.

Very surprised as the trend was expecting that CoE to decrease by EoY 2024.  Yet here we are.  CAT A at highest it's been in a year and CAT B on upward trend.  COE like playing stock market.  People trying to time the market, but it's clearly not going down right now.

i think cat a is overcrowded with EVs

its much simpler to tune down. a EV than ICE which need to go emission testing again.

G says make coe more stable means price to remain at 100k or above

• Praise 1

On 9/29/2024 at 6:33 PM, Defcon said:

of cors need to be high so dealer margin lesser

Lucky you, dealer provided guaranteed COE. Usually if goes too high without guarantee, cannot secure unless top up

went to a few showroom over the weekend, quite crowded.

saw a few are signing already... i guess this round probably increase another 5 to 10k...

so many pairs of eyes looking at COE, how can it drop....

Cat A and Cat B so near.. no 150K no talk for Cat B.. 

Economy wise, seems like alot of S pass holders are going back...expect Dec to drop.

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 9/30/2024 at 1:18 PM, Sdf4786k said:

Cat A and Cat B so near.. no 150K no talk for Cat B.. 

Economy wise, seems like alot of S pass holders are going back...expect Dec to drop.

car expo will churn out a lot of orders for sure