Attending A Wake In KL - trains, planes and cars..

therock

The flight out was uneventful, and I managed to check out the Premium Plaza lounge inside T4. 
You will see that there is a difference between our budget airline terminal and theirs...

161213009_5odGjM7cSAWVDNRiM6A4Q_thumb_2608a.thumb.jpg.7f46f7f6effb777491e52a844e9af688.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2608b.thumb.jpg.09fe757907863a6c6601c07a65cfccec.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26088.thumb.jpg.2a6e93ff0ffd6fcdc8e82484824aed10.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Being a budget flight, it's really no frills... but the leather seats helped a lot and they are comfy, or perhaps I was so sleep from waking up early...

The flight was about an hour and upon landing, it's still a bridge and not stairs like in some other places.

Moving to the airport terminal, the terminal is quite modern, in fact it feels more modern than KLIA 1 which is for international flights.

There is a long queue to clear customs unless you have a APEC card then it was a breeze.. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2608c.thumb.jpg.b83f3443d4353df7690cab93cc8deb95.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2608e.thumb.jpg.202b6770404608aa5f1e570ada35e491.jpg

I didn't take pics of the terminal outside the customs and arrival, because it really feels like a bazaar in a bad way... pasar pagi and pasar malam...

Finding the trains was not hard and I was on the KL transit soon... my cousin helped me book seats, cheaper online
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2608f.thumb.jpg.7fb44b571f775b1648d5e525ae8cdc36.jpg

BUT...  I got off at the wrong stop and had to backtrack, so it got messy... as the distance between stops is pretty far.. I did finally get to the right stop at Putrajaya, then switched to a MRT which got me to Kuchai, and the station is a 3min walk to the wake.. better than cabs and such. Quite smooth and I got to see a lot of KL, haha

The trains are very modern, but isolated... with the heat, it was a hot walk to the wake in blistering heat... 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26094.thumb.jpg.7b8bdaa206bfc8f6db09f858441ca0f1.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26091.thumb.jpg.7798e1e7d3ab93ca2ad5d6412bc13abe.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26092.thumb.jpg.e876b7687c0ae97d8e06968c18556c81.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26093.thumb.jpg.aa2958af73656de483879be534522c1c.jpg

• Praise 5

On 9/23/2024 at 8:28 AM, therock said:

I didn't take pics of the terminal outside the customs and arrival, because it really feels like a bazaar in a bad way... pasar pagi and pasar malam...

coming back please go to the airport early, last we went we were there 3 hrs before and only got onboard like last minutes, many people couldn't make it hence the delay.

• Shocked 1

I didn't have much time for food, but my nephews got me a nice nasi lemak...

And the food at the lounge on my return was good

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2609f.thumb.jpg.71bf3756504581b4ee31fbdd191322c3.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26095.thumb.jpg.3e0b18c479785e5595f795166f5d579a.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26097.thumb.jpg.ff5cc253de4a088dc1e92a38091fa394.jpg

• Praise 2

The return journey last night was more eventful..

First, I found I could not do the online check in. So I rang my cousin to ask, and he suspected it was because of some issues with the flight, and true enough.. when I googled it, there was a three hour delay! 
NO word from Air Asia until much later and initially they emailed to say it's an hour, when you can see from other sources that it was three hours... 

I took it positively, because it meant I could spend more time with my nephews.. but I was worried I could get bumped off..

So as to spend more time at the wake, my nephew got his driver to fetch me to the airport instead of taking the MRT then the KL train 

The check in was ok... but very messy and chaotic at the terminal, with a lot of counters but not too many staff, likewise the custom had only a few open counters 

They gave me the emergency row with tons of legroom so that was nice.

dq5tLwUYRKqfpaydmQmKtw_thumb_260a1.thumb.jpg.76e7ce75b8fe75ba3d7a29aa520d544e.jpg

But I finally made it home before midnight

Saw a nice sunset and spent a few minutes thinking about my cousin and her husband

PS... yes I called my cousin for help with Air Asia... but it's a different cousin ok! :D

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26098.thumb.jpg.fc4820f039346e0c60b6425c5b531cd7.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2609a.thumb.jpg.11fc291e6f6cf9cff584d36a7af959fe.jpg

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
On 9/23/2024 at 10:47 AM, therock said:

So after all that, it was indeed, trains, plane and automobiles...  🙂

Sound very adventurous! 

One of the takeaways from this is that you can actually get around in KL without a car But with big caveats

And that the MRT is decent - well whilst it's new..

For the airport, yes plan ahead get there early, I didn't have any check in luggage so I was faster but it's no Changi...

• Praise 1

I like to visit KL but the fuss, change of transport and travel time associated with travelling such a short distance puts me off.

If I had another relative or friend to go with me, driving all the way could have been an option ....

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 9/23/2024 at 12:00 PM, therock said:

One of the takeaways from this is that you can actually get around in KL without a car But with big caveats

For the airport, yes plan ahead get there early, I didn't have any check in luggage so I was faster but it's no Changi...

Grab is cheap there and very easy to get a ride.

My last trip there, I didnt drive. Find it super convenient to take grab.

Edited by Davidklt
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
(edited)
On 9/23/2024 at 12:00 PM, therock said:

I go around JB, Melaka, KL and Penang all with busses, grab and MRT (KL) only. It is super convenient and affordable especially grab.  I have no problems with their public transportation.

If I were to go KL, I will just take a public bus from SG to JB (Larkin), and in Larkin, there will be so many busses to KL.  No need to check-in or be at the airport early.  Or another way is to take the Aeroline bus (expensive but comfy) from Harbourfront to KL.

I don't drive anymore from SG to MY. I prefer to be a passenger...lol

Edited by Stary
  • Praise 4

On 9/23/2024 at 3:59 PM, Stary said:

I go around JB, Melaka, KL and Penang all with busses, grab and MRT (KL) only. It is super convenient and affordable especially grab.  I have no problems with their public transportation.

If I were to go KL, I will just take a public bus from SG to JB (Larkin), and in Larkin, there will be so many busses to KL.  No need to check-in or be at the airport early.  Or another way is to take the Aeroline bus (expensive but comfy) from Harbourfront to KL.

I don't drive anymore from SG to MY. I prefer to be a passenger...lol

I still like the joy of driving my own car... maybe one day I'll be like you... I'm not a taxi person having driven almost all my adult life... so that's kind of a habit I need to change...

• Praise 2

On 9/25/2024 at 9:47 AM, teomingern said:

I still like the joy of driving my own car... maybe one day I'll be like you... I'm not a taxi person having driven almost all my adult life... so that's kind of a habit I need to change...

For long driving trips of course driving our cars is theme best way to go West Malaysia. 

But if going cities area by flight then their public transport and private hire is really decent enough to accommodate all the required commute.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2